New max falcon

The ups guy just delievered my maxpedition falcon pack and I thought I would post some first impressions. The pack has alot of straps, side,top and bottom compression straps and sleeping bag attachment straps. Four pockets, two large, one small top and one medium front. There are tons of attachment points for your extras, waterbottle, tomahawk etc. The construction seems very good with the only problem I noticed being that the straps on the bottom for attaching a sleeping bag are not finished at the ends, shoudl be an easy fix with a bic but surprising considering th quality of the rest of the pack. The overall shape is rectangular and it looks like it will be a slim close fitting pack either light or loaded thanks to the compression system.
Well I am looking forward to getting home and putting some gear in this puppy. I think it is gonna be a great small pack that should hold up very well.

Hi Edgetrip-

Looks like an "oops" posting or fragment that you might want to edit...

Blue Jays ~

Good initial review, edgetrip.
Please keep us posted cause I don't have a falcon, nor have I ever seen one :)

If you can do pics and a follow up it'd be appreciated.
Interesting about the frayed ends. Oh well, no biggie :)
Tom

Ok so I have been carry the falcon as an everyday bag and here are some more comments.

1. pack rides very high and close, I like this but it takes some adjustments as layers of clothing increase to maintain comfort.
2. the bottom of the pack has the sleeping b ag straps but this isn't a pack that I would think would work very well for any sort of overnight hiking/packing trip, also there are no other attachment points on the bottom of the bag. I think the addition of some webbing attachment points would be handy and offer added durability. The bottom is the same fabric as the rest of the pack and personally I would like to see it rienforced in some way. The straps would work ok for attaching a jacket or maybe ropecoil. My bk/t bowie fits well but with only the straps I wouldn't feel comfortable carry this way.
3. This bag has tons of straps, the compression is nice but they make it difficult to access pouches and pockets quickly. You need to open some of the straps before you can easily open some of the pockets. New the pack is fairly stiff and as it loosens up the straps may become more needed for comprhesion.
4. the thin unpadded waistbelt seems next to useless. The bag rides high and tight as it is and this belt doesn't seem to add anything. It certainly doesn't help distribute weight on hips.

ok, I like the bag for edc but I think some of the features included are not so useful in this sort of pack more fitting a larger pack. I would like to see the bottom rienforced and maybe some pockets attached to the sides of the pack at the bottom so items slipped thru the pals attachment points would have somewhere to rest. Also with al these straps and strap ends hanging out I plan on gettng some wide elastics to add to hold them in place so they aren't sticking out or hanging loose.

I haven't loaded this pack anywhere near max capacity so maybe some of the features will become more useful to me when I do.
I'll let ya know.