New (?) Mcusta slipjoints (MC192C) - any experience?

Hi. I am rather intrigued by the new (for me at least :)) Mcusta slipjoints. I own a couple of Mcustas alrady and they are, in my opinion, good gentlemen knives. I really like the design and the lines of these slipjoints models. I am considering to get one but, given their nor really “popular” price (available here for 175 EUR) :D:p, I’d like to get some more information.

Anyone own one of these slipjoints? Any experience with them you can share? Are they good? I understand the blade is their classic Damascus laminated inox with VG10 core and the handle is a not better specified “wood”, coming in three different colour shades (green, yellow, red) coupled with a black background. Thanks for any info!

Pics from the web:

2DDxp.jpg

With the extended tang, i’d Guess that was a friction folder, not a slip joint. Not a bad thing in itself. I have just been drooling over some Michael Morris friction folders.

With the extended tang, i’d Guess that was a friction folder, not a slip joint. Not a bad thing in itself. I have just been drooling over some Michael Morris friction folders.

It uses a ball bearing detent, or a method like it, so it does "snap" in to place.

Back