New members? Pappy & Stoneage Welcome!!!!

Seems we may have missed some new people that made either their 1st or nearly 1st posts in threads already in process and with the runaway threads we always seem to get they were missed it seems.
Pappy made his 1st post ever 6 days ago and Uncle Bill and myself just noticed today!!!!
Stoneage posted about using "Breakfree" another product I've heard spoken well of in another thread.

My apologies for not noticeing sooner and Welcome to the Cantina Pappy & Stoneage!!!!!!!!:D

Not a good excuse, but we have had a great many new people coming into the Cantina lately and to quote Martha, "That's a good thing.":)

I've enjoyed Bladeforums,Uncle Bills board especially,since I found it.I can't participate as much as I'd like.But I check in every day. My knowledge of knives has grown 50 fold!

Thank you Gents, for the welcome. I just kind of stumbled on to this forum. I have a 15" AK coming soon I hope. I'll let you know what things look like.
I realy got interested in Khukuris back when I was still working for St. Davids Hospital in Austin, TX. A young fellar I was working with showed me one he found at the gun show. It looked pretty rouff. rusted and definitely hand made. The next month after the gunshow he showed me again. didn't look like the same knife. To cut this shorter. It looked like something I could sure get used to hanging on my hip.
I'm pretty close to Uncle bill in the age department. In May it will be 48 years the first time I saw a Marine Corp installation, and I finally retired from one in 78.
Kind of like the fellow from Down under, I'm kind of on piins and needles waiting for the Khuk to arrive. Sure hope Uncle Bill got his money Monday.

Ya know who I am don't you Uncle Bill?

We are getting so many newcomers it's hard to keep up -- especially for one who has to look at his driver's license to remember his name.

Pappy, if your knife doesn't show up soon bug me. The Nepali shipping staff sometimes routes shipments thru Siberia. Yet, they maintain their knowledge of geography is better than National Geographic.

You haven't lived (endured? suffered? tortured?) until you have worked with Nepalis.

Welcome to Pappy and Stoneage! I've been coming here on and off for almost a year now and it's the only forum on the internet I keep up with because it's special.
Good to see older folks like Pappy joining the ranks. I've always appreciated the insights and manners of older people, and you don't run across many on the internet.:D

Pat Mc

..on the internet". Nope - ya gotta drive upon the sidewalk to get most of us:D
Another belated welcome, guys. This is a special place.

We've got enough old time vets here to start a Rest Home Brigade. And enough guns and khukuris to make them a force to reckon with -- althought I may need an aide to carry my gun and khukuri -- and me!

Welcome Pappy!

I got out of the Marines in 1970 after 4 years. (you never really get out though, do ya?) Once a Marine, always a Marine. Did a tour in Vietnam and called it quits after that.

Get prepared to stock up on khuks. They're like 'tater chips, one is not enough. :)

Pappy wrote:
I realy got interested in Khukuris back when I was still working for St. Davids Hospital in Austin, TX.

Welcome, Pappy. I'm a newbie around here, too - but I already know you'll find a nice bunch of folks in the Cantina. By the way, I was born at St. David's 42 years ago :) <br>

Small world.

I've been thinking about what I was doing 50 years ago and I gotta make a post about it -- when and if I get time for reflection.

Back