New Model Follow-up

Warrior108

Platinum Member
Hey Andy! @Fiddleback

Hope you and the family are doing well

When the new models were being discussed a while back, I had commented that a tweener model between the Esquire and Monarch would be nice. I think you replied with a "hmmmm" or "maybe" or "that would be interesting" type response. Sooooo what are the prospects for something like that? :)

Thanks,
Jerry

I know we all suffer from wanting to find the "one", and we may never fully find that, but the search and the purchasing of knives a long the way, testing, experimenting, and refining our definition of a great knife (maybe not the perfect one), and getting rid of some and thinning the herd is part of the lifestyle. It is a journey and we need to enjoy the ride as opposed to reaching the destination. To be honest, I do not have a Fiddleback custom, I have a prod HB, but I do own one of the cousins, a WA Surles bushadder that the handle is very comfortable and the tapered tang lightens it up making it quick in the hand. I think it is one of the most comfortable handles I have had on a knife. Not perfect but very nice. Now it is a cool idea that Zharris had if some higher end custom work could be offered, a black label I think he referred to it, but I will ask does that special custom need to be in the 300.00 range? If so, I think there is some room for experimenting for unique nice knives. Let's explore that idea further. Most Fiddlebacks are beyond my comfortable price range, but I think you get a quality product that has been thought out well and crafted by a quality shop. With respect, zharris zharris , have you contacted the FF shop to see if you can get some custom options on the knife to make it truly what you want? Or would those options push the price too far? Just curious, no disrespect meant, and I would think Andy and Co. would work with you.

Edited slightly added last question and comment.

Last edited:
Back