New Models?

Christina made mention of some new models in a previous thread. When will we see pictures and specs.? The Savant was rumored to replace
the Pioneers, the Carnivore Light and Carnivore Cub Light are most likely plastic handled knives. Again these have been hinted
at in past posts, but what is the Ontos and Pigmy Warrior? Are these fixed blades or folders? Will we see pictures before the Shot Show? Don't keep us in suspense!
smile.gif

see: www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000603.html

[This message has been edited by Easyrider (edited 01-05-2001).]

The Savant, Carnivore and Carnivore Cub Lite are aluminum/G-10 as is the Ontos. The Pigmy Warrior is a natural progression of the Warrior a small fixed blade. Mike Sastre had one word for the proto type "wicked" he is busy (I hope)making the sheath. Spark will be shooting at the SHOT Show.

Christina Montero

Thanks Christina, I look forward to Sparks pictures!
smile.gif
So the Pioneer II are out of production? I guess I better get another one while I can. Thanks again.

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

An aluminum/G-10 Carnivore!!!
biggrin.gif
Happy dance time!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

eda-koppo

The wakatan is on hold until we can find a comerical grinder that can do a 18 inch blade. We will have the Darrel Ralph Double Action Automatic Sifu on hand but it is still in devolupment stage.

Christina Montero

Christina:
Thanks for the info--I was beginning to think my wallet might get some rest!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rogue_spear:
What are the specs on the wakatan?</font>

Snipped post from http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum22/HTML/000019.html

The Wakatan is on hold waiting for the Patent on the new lock. Specs on this is a 10 inch bladed Tanto with a 9 inch handel. It opens to a 19 inch bladed Swoard. The lock, locks the blade both closed and open and is stronger than anything out there.
BG-42
There ar a few problems here 1st its $12.75 and very limited in its aviable sizes bar stock and .160 thickness. And to be honest it BOMBED on us. Until Latrobe Mills cures its terminal craninal rectumitis (pulls their heads out of their butts) And makes it in sheet form in .125 thickenss we wont touch it. Laser cutting in bar form creates a 30% higher waste and at that price that makes the knife to expensive not to mention the .160 thickness.
Bob Taylor

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints and escaping

Two best Reverse Grip Fighters made..
The Hobbit Warrior and Pocket Hobbit..
Now the Pigmy..

Christina.. Put me down for an order of Pigmy Warrior's..

Thanks..

------------------
Murray Haday
ProEdge Knives
www.proedgeknives.com
Tel: 905 328 8212

Ms. Montero,

Could you give us some more information about the Darrel Ralph Double Action Automatic Sifu and the Wakatan? Most importantly, do you have some kind of rough projected release date for these knives? Do you think there will be a loss of lock strength on the Automatic Sifu? Any idea of what the MSRPs will be?

Thank you for your help,

M

Ok Christina, I saw the pictures that Mike Turber took at the SHOT Show, GREAT looking knives. Which models are they? The Pygmy Warrior is fairly obvious, what are the other
two? The damascaus blade looks like the Carnivore but the handle shape is wrong. Not to mention it is a Tanto shape. The other knife has a Tanto blade as what appears to be carbon fiber inserts on the handle. Is this the Savant? I like whatever that one is called, when will you ramp up for production?
Sorry for all the questions.
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Thanks for the info on the Wakatan rawhide_clyde. How can the blade be bigger than the handle? If the blade is 10" and the handle is only 9", how will the blade fit inside the handle?

There is an example on the cover of the November 2000 issue of "Tactical Knives".

The knife on the cover is from Laci Szabo, if I recall correctly, but you'll get the idea:

<center><A HREF="http://www.tacticalknives.com/images/nov00.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
nov00thb.jpg
</A></CENTER>

[This message has been edited by John Hollister (edited 01-16-2001).]

rogue_spear, I think it is like an extendable fixed blade. The blade is normally 10", but can be extended out of the handle to 18" (I think). So you go from a long knife, to a short sword.

Christina:

One more question re the Wakatan: what's the steel going to be? I just read Jeff Randall's review in TK about your Modified D-2 Carnivore & would love to see the Wakatan in this steel, depending on price point.

Thanks in advance!

Bob/Christina,
I realize the problems that announcing delivery dates caused in the past; however, without making any promises, can you tell us an estimation of when we can expect to see the Carnivore and Carnivore Cub Lites released? TIA.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Back