New old guy now on the forum

Not sure where to post this - just wanted to introduce myself -
Here’s 26 years of my story -

Built my 1st knife 1985
Engraved my 1st knife 1987
April 1992, Blade Magazine, Steve did a 2-page write up on me “Knife Shop On Wheels”
1993 - Mel Pardue & Bob Cargil sponsored me for the Knife Makers Guild.
1994 – Worked my 1st knife Makers Guild Show (probationary member)
1995 – I had the Guild Show booked & was to get voting status but my we discovered some life changing health issues with my wife. Guild wasn’t so important anymore. I dropped out of the Guild. I completed my knife orders I had on hand and closed the knife shop. I continued engraving as a hobby only. I had worked 7 days a week for many years building knives & working shows from Seattle to Atlanta to New York & dozens in-between but my priorities had changed. I dropped off the map for a couple of years.
1997 – Started Customizing & Engraving Guns & Knives again. Started working local shows & built a web page.
2000 – Moved from our home in Spokane Washington to Northern California. Chasing the good weather & to take care of family in California.
2011 – No longer making Hand Made knives but continue to Customize & Engrave Knives. I only work local shows. I built my web site, which was one of the major achievements of my life. I’m back working way to many hours but we have adopted 4 children out of foster care & now must figure out how to get them through college.

So that’s my story & I’m sticking to it – Trust me, I have left out lots of stories – I have hundreds of knives out there with my name on them, Custom & Customized. Hundreds that were built in the back seat of a Chevy pick-up. I always said one day I would look back & say how did I ever do it. That day is now. Hope they have served the owners well. If we have met in the past – drop me a note – just goggle me, you’ll find me. Would love to hear from you.
Tom & Virginia Hudson
AKA – Tommy Hudson
AKA – TW Hudson Engraver
Here's a couple of Pix's you old timers might remimber.
395268873.jpg

395268870.jpg

Welcome to BladeForums Tom. Good to have you here and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you. :thumbup:

Welcome. Knife makers have their own sub forum where they talk shop and other stuff. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Back