New One

Full time or not, this Nick fella seems to have it pretty well figured out...

NewNWA_02.jpg

Just got this one today.

Gonna get it dirty tomorrow...and the next day...and you know the rest. :D

B

Love the thumb scallops :thumbup: That will make an awesome bush knife for sure!

Ditto on the scallops! I was going to ask Nick to put those on my next knife from him :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words guys:) Thank you Brian for posting a very crisp pic.:thumbup:

This one is basicly the LEK model with a 5" edge. I really like the way those scallops came out too. It is a first for me and definitley won't be the last:thumbup:

That knife is made from 5/32" A-2 has a 10" OAL (roughly) with an extended tang. The edge is 1.200" wide at the widest point.

Nick:)

The handles on this one are so ridiculously comfy that I'm finding it in-hand more often than not.

Yesterday's woods time didn't pan out quite like I'd hoped (I coach my kids' soccer teams and we have games every weekend) but after today's game the boy and I will be headed out to get a little dirty.

He's got his own NWA Knife in a rig by Mike Billman at Grindstone Cutlery:

NWA_Jake_01.jpg

Maybe I'll grab a few comparison pics with the Sierra Scout and the new one this afternoon. :)

B

I just used this one to take a chicken apart.

The 5/32" stock might be a little thick for this task if it wasn't sporting Nick's laser edge. :)

As it was, the chicken provided little resistance and will be dinner soon enough.

Parting out the chicken isn't really much of a test if you know where the joints are but it sure was fun and should provide me with a little color on the blade.

B

Love the handle shape on this one. Got any pics f/the spine down and f/the finger part up? Would be interested to see how the contour is all around.

Nice blade! Any chance you could lay it next to a ruler to gauge handle length?

Back