New Outdoor Fish and Game Kephart

Just picked up at Outdoor Fish and Game the 4" kephart. Pairing it with my Becker 5" Kephart. But was just wondering, being my first OKC fixed blade. Do these typically come with two leather sheaths? So far I am really liking it only wish the little nub had the scales come out to meet it.

0YT2zB1.jpg

I can’t imagine why they would come with two, seemingly the same design, sheaths?? Looks like a handy knife though.

Just picked up at Outdoor Fish and Game the 4" kephart. Pairing it with my Becker 5" Kephart. But was just wondering, being my first OKC fixed blade. Do these typically come with two leather sheaths? So far I am really liking it only wish the little nub had the scales come out to meet it.

0YT2zB1.jpg

Did yours have a decent cutting edge and was the tip bent?

I received one yesterday that had an edge bevel, but it was uneven from side to side and had no functional apex. The tip was also bent. For the price, I just reprofiled and sharpened, then gently bent the tip to some semblance of straight. I watched a youtube video last night that described exactly the same issues with a new knife as well.

On the upside, it's really thin and slicey, which is why I wanted it. The handle feels great and it's very light. It's definitely worth $30 even with the defects, but had I paid even a little more, it would have gone back to the vendor. It will be a good cutting tool, especially for food prep.

Hmm looks like a knice nife. The old man and "Evil Step-Mother" (hey they are evil by tradition, and we love traditions right?) whine about how they an get critter cutting done with just an old OKC knife similar to the one there and a buck knife. Well not mentioning the knives my little brother brings to critter cutting season (That I gave him) that get used a lot more than those knives.

Think I just solved the birthday present for the old man. He likes to grab the oldest kitchen knife to "Show Up" the stock pile of knives I got when I could when the getting was possible to get them knives. Seems the most used knife is the RD4 I gave my little brother, its used from hog kill'n to other big critter cutting sizes as its the perfect size range. Of which I admit, the 4" sized range knife is the most used critter cutting blade I've seen in use most my life.

Did yours have a decent cutting edge and was the tip bent?

I received one yesterday that had an edge bevel, but it was uneven from side to side and had no functional apex. The tip was also bent. For the price, I just reprofiled and sharpened, then gently bent the tip to some semblance of straight. I watched a youtube video last night that described exactly the same issues with a new knife as well.

On the upside, it's really thin and slicey, which is why I wanted it. The handle feels great and it's very light. It's definitely worth $30 even with the defects, but had I paid even a little more, it would have gone back to the vendor. It will be a good cutting tool, especially for food prep.
The tip wasn't bent kind of looks like in the picture but just shadow from the sheath. Grinds could have been a bit more even but mine came with a usable edge. and as you said for the price its hard to beat.

Back