1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 3 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Busse Combat Custom Shop Flak Jack, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 19!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

New pattern for 2016!!!!

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    I went looking for a lost tool on a low, dirty shelf in the shop and found a small picture I had drawn sometime in the last two years. I found my tool, finished my project, and grabbed some steel :) Not sure what to call this one yet. It's similar to my Jungle Knife in the handle but the blade is somewhere between a Bowie, a Bolo, and a Seax. No matter what I call it, I like it!!!!! :) Overall it is 17 1/2in long. The blade is 11 3/4inlong tip to handle. I made this from 1/4in thick 5160 with a full flat grind. The tang is drilled out to reduce the weight a bit. Scales are black G10 with a lot of sculpting so it really fits my paw. This one runs about 26oz on my scale. It's big but it's balanced out to be a great chopper and a pretty decent slasher. Like many of my designs it could be that "if I only had one" type knife.
    [​IMG]

MR HAPPY, protourist and shoegazer like this.
  2. Tdhurl1103

Tdhurl1103

Dec 6, 2012
    Wow! Very cool. Looks intense.

3. riggerrobert

riggerrobert

Jul 19, 2008
    OK, Bill how much? there goes my new years budget.

4. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    These will run $350 for the knife alone.

protourist likes this.
  5. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    looks good!

6. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    definitely looks like a filipino inspiration to me,beautiful

7. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    That thing looks awesome!!!! How does one go about ordering? website? As soon as funds allow, I really want one of these. Looks like and awesomely powerful chopper. Would love to pair it with one of my 4 inch EDCs.

8. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Best way is to contact me when you see something you like. I don't take orders anymore so when you see something here or posted in the knifemaker's for sale section, grab it while you can :)

9. knife chop

knife chop

Feb 11, 2014
    Bill, Have you tried using 89crv2 steel on your knives?

10. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Haven't tried it. I don't see any real advantage over the 5160 I already use.

11. Camber

Camber Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Perfect answer! Especially when you have the heat treat already dialed in.

12. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Dreaming of a SEAX. The blade from below- stretched to 14", 1/2 less blade to spine, married to the handle below.
    upload_2018-12-21_20-23-31.png
    upload_2018-12-21_20-28-35.png
    upload_2018-12-21_20-29-19.png

Attached Files:

WILLIAM.M likes this.