New (Pink) Delica

I bought my first 4-way Delica today. It's pink, plain edge. I bought the pink one because the shop only had plain edge in pink. I have no initial impressions yet, other than it has Spyderco's typical-quality VG-10 blade. Great :thumbup: I think the Delica is more suited to my EDC than the Endura, and I like the option of tip up or down, as opposed to the tip up clip that was on the older Delicas.

Any opinions on the pink Delica?

Can you post some picks of it, im not sure i have ever seen a pink one before?
Are the grips g10?

THG

My opinion on the pink Delica is the same as my opinion for any other Delica. Great knives.

Benefit of tip up versus tip down?

Some say it's easier to take out of the pocket and deploy when tip-up. I think it's easier tip-down, though; you just have to grab the knife with your fingers pointing sideways, as if you were grabbing a cup, I guess you could say.

rycen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mod
Can you post some picks of it, im not sure i have ever seen a pink one before?
Are the grips g10?

grips are FRN

2bc6ba43.jpg

I love the Pink Delica so much I got 6 of them. 1 for each of my daughters and 1 for my wife....OK, OK, I also got one for my collection :D

DSC_1911.jpg

DSC_7182.jpg

DSC_7207.jpg

I love my Delicas, and have almost all the D4's. The Pink one is probbaly the most sheeple friendly as it is just not a 'violent' colour at all :p

I like tip-up for normal deployment, and tip down for Spyder-dropping the knife.
The handles are FRN.

These days there's dudes getting’ facials
Manicured, waxed, and Botoxed
With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
You can't grip a tackle box

Yeah with all of these men linin’ up to get neutered
And headin’ out to be feminized
But I don't highlight my hair, I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Brad Paisley

Excellent color of a knife for girls and women and men who are trying to find their more femine side.

I kinda like the little pinky D4 :) May have to pick one up.

On a side note, I would love it if they made a Pink Salt1. I would think that would be the perfect knife for certain ladies who don't clean their blades :)

Last edited:
Looking at getting one for my sister in law when she graduates nursing school. I think its nursing school.. Well, regardless.

As a nurse, I think she would get a kick out of one of the new white delicas.

Tom

As a nurse, I think she would get a kick out of one of the new white delicas.

Tom

This is true. I didn't think of it. I figured pink first because shes one of those pinkoholics. Everything she has is pink. I'll give it some thought. Got till the end of Sept.