1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New recipe for inexpensive knives!

Discussion in 'Siegle Knives' started by Bill Siegle, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    If you follow my work, I routinely try to offer bargains in the custom knife world. These are usually in the form of my personal users or knives finished to a lesser degree using handle build methods requiring less time and supplies to finish. I think I have finally got my “recipe” down! Same 5160. Same heat treat. Less finish work for me and lower prices for customers. Add in that this usually makes folks want to actually use the knives and it is a heaping helping of Win!!! I’m thinking I can offer knives like this for $225 shipped in the US with the option of adding a simple Kydex sheath set up for a large size Tek Lok(not included) for another $25. Shoot me your thoughts on the concept :) The smaller sized one is based on my Hardcore pattern and is 11 7/8 overall with a 6 5/8in blade tip to handle. The large clip point knife is 14 1/8in overall with a 9 1/2in blade tip to handle.
    84E8A520-BC1A-4E50-9C49-B8C5F5F26810.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    nice!
    the one on the left looks like a "modern hudson bay"

Bill Siegle likes this.
  3. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    Ive never posted in your sub forum until now . They both look great . I’d be satisfied with a knife like that for 250 sheathed . They look like they’re meant for work ! Nice blades !

Bill Siegle likes this.
  4. scrappy

scrappy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I had some of your rc blades years ago. They are Excellent blades

5. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    A fixed blade without a good sheath is unsafe and worthless (unless it is intended for the kitchen). Your sheath have always been excellent, and a fine compliment to your knives. Keep offering them as a set.

Also, your knives advertise and set the general expectation for your work. If you want to market a lesser grade of finish, then it may be better to do so under a different and distinct economy brand.

n2s

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  6. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2000
    Not sure what you mean about the sheaths. Clearly sheaths are offered. I’m just adding a little choice for the buyer.

7. shooter11b

shooter11b Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2008
    I definitely think you are on to something Bill. I have quite a few of your blades and love them all. This option will/should be a big winner. Do you do straight custom work by the way? Work off of customer designs?

8. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    These are only going to be offered as I make them for now. I may change that if I find my new schedule will allow for it though. I’m still settling in on a new schedule at my day job :)

shooter11b likes this.
  9. Hurrul

Hurrul Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Greetings Bill -

would this line include some large seax - type blades?

Bill Siegle likes this.
  10. Bill Siegle

Oct 3, 2000
    Never know what will appear till I fire up the old imagination but given my love for such things, it wouldn't surprise me.

11. Hurrul

Hurrul Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Good and good - I keep missing the broken-back versions that you post up once and a while, but those models with minimal belly and more precise tips just do it for me.

Thanks Bill.