New SAK - Huntsman with LED!

I haven't seen much talk about the new SAK's with white LED's. I was up in Maine on vacation and stopped in at Freeport Knife Company (hope I got the name right). Real nice guy working there and he specialized in SAK's. I asked him what was new and he showed me the models with the white LED's. Looked cool to me so I picked up a Huntsman with a LED, at least I believe that's what this is. The LED does well to light my way across a dark room, or dark path. It's almost as bright as my little ARC LED light, but it isn't focused as well and doesn't give you a nice spot at a further distance like the ARC light.

So has anyone else picked any of these up? I also have a couple of the little Midnight Manager II SAK's and they have a little red LED. My new Swiss Card also has a red LED. I wonder if all future SAK models will have an LED of some sort. If they can put a battery, button, and LED in the scale of one of their mini SAK's, I'm sure they could put better LED's in the scales of the large SAK's. The new SAK I got with the white LED has it as one of the tools. You can fold it out to change the battery.

I would like to see some more interesting LED technology offered. Like multiple colors, strobing, flashing yellow and red. Something like that crazy looking thing Innova makes with the 8 LED's (4 white, 2 red, 2 yellow).

So you could have a SAK with a yellow and red LED on each end that would alternate flashing. You could use it if you break down or just need to put out a warning signal. A strobing white LED could be useful if you were lost and trying to signal for help (turn it on, go to sleep and hope someone sees it).

Alright, enough rambling from me, it's late and I'm going on and on. :)

It is actually a tool so it folds out, But when using it you don't fold it out. You just slide the button up. When you want to/ need to replace the battery then you pull it out.

It fits nicely into a persons hand and makes for a good pocket LED light.

They also have a New Spartan with LED light.

You can't see it very well in this pic...but it is the grey thing inbetween the Large Knife...and the can opener.

VIC.1.7915.T.jpg

It's nifty for sure but it makes it a little chunkier than their standard counterpart models

Back