new saks at smoky

well I got the new smoky catalog last night. It looks like they are selling all the pioneer series now (harvester, farmer, bantam, the alox version, ect. Ive been purchasing them from overseas, but it looks like now they are available at smoky, and at very good prices!!

The best thing about it is that you won't need to worry about the 20 dollar shipping! I've already put my order in :D
Matt

Is it just me, or is Smokey Mnt.'s web site, eknifeworks.com, a total pain in the &%$^#^!@ to search? :mad: Their web master should be flogged.

I would say that it isnt exactly "user friendly". I rarely ever use it myself. If I were you, I would call customer service, 1-800-327-5871 and request the current catalog, and current sale catalog. That way you will get to see everything new (or most of it!).

i picked up an Alox Bantam last week. That knife is so thin that it cannot really be described. It makes a great slacks or suit knife.

I just got my Pioneer Apprentice and I'm very dissapointed. Not only does the finish suck (machine marks, poor alox finish) but the electricians blade is very stiff and grinds the handle and main blade. This one is definately going back :(
Matt

It's my understanding that these are now part of the US product line, so if you don't like SMKW you should be seeing them pop up at just about every dealer who sells SAK's.

I'm fairly excited over some of the new ones and plan to add at least 4 to my stash. The Alox Electrician has been my all time favorite SAK and adding the saw blade or pruning blade is sweet. I also like the looks of the single bladed model. I'm really stoked about the pruning blade though (can you tell...)

SAK's rock :D

I just got the Pioneer Solo (single blade model) today. It has great fit and finish and a nice strong backspring. It is a very thin easy pocket carry knife but it is still just a tad thicker than the Alox Bantam.

Back