New Scagel Barlow 2 Blade Folder

Dave Shirley at MSA is ready to put out a new Scagel Barlow 2 blade folder next week. They will be available in Sambar stag and a few in Ivory. Billy at Vintage Knives will have them as well as the usual MSA dealers. The pics look nice. It is going to be a pocket full of knife. Larger than the last folder by about 1/2".
All of you Scagel fans should check it out.I've already got mine ordered.

Went to Vintage Knives and checked that one out and then came across the Cowboy Bowie and the Gambler shoulder rig for same bowie. Man, 1095 blade steel, sambar stag handles, full tang handles, and a 5.75" blade make this one a winner! Looks like I'll be having me a Cowboy Bowie w/shoulder rig sometime in the very near future!!

Attachments

• cowboy bowie front.jpg
    cowboy bowie front.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 46
  • cowboy bowie tang stamp.jpg
    cowboy bowie tang stamp.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 27
  • cowboy bowie handle.jpg
    cowboy bowie handle.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 26
Wait until you see the Ivory scaled variety, There ae only 50 made and all except a few are spoken for . Ask now or hold your peace. :)

Maybe one of you guys could clear up a point I am a little confused about.
These are sold as Northwoods knives. I believe I read that they are made by the Schatt & Morgan division of Queen. I also think there is some connection with MSA which I believe is Marbles. What do the initials MSA stand for and how does this Northwoods/Schatt & Morgan/MSA all relate to these knives? See, I told you I was confused. :)

MSA stands for "Marbles Safety Axe," which is the original "marbles" company name.

Queen (who also produces Schatt & Morgan) is now producing some knives with that stamp, I believe.

If these are Northwoods knives, and if Queen is producing them, then that means MSA, S & M, and Northwoods are all cousins (have the same company of origin).

Somebody set me straight if I'm incorrect, please.

Peace.

Go the knifeforums.com and check out the MSA forum. There's a thread on that forum that might clear up some of what you want to know.

DaveJ

I am probably wrong, but what I've pieced together is the guy behind Northwoods is also behind some of the MSA knives. They are all contract knives sold under his brands. He contracts the scagel repros to be done by Queen. Shatt/Morgan is not a company, it is just a Queen brand that is used by Queen on their higher priced more exclusive line of knives.

Back