New sebbie owner and some questions...

I recently bought a used sebbie (I know I shoulda bought new, but price was an issue, and I got a DEAL on one). It came without clip, or adjustment tool. Is the tool just a small hex? And can I order a clip from Reeve knives? And FYI first blood came quick. Is there a reliable way to close a large one handed? NW

Congratulations on getting your first Sebenza. Great, isn't it!

1. You can order a clip from the Chris Reeve Knives Homepage. Go to the price list. You should be able to get the hex wrench from them also. If you need the wrench now it is a 5/64.

2. ;) Very carefully.

Welcome to the club.

For the closure, I push the lockbar over before I touch the blade with my thumb, once it's cleared the tang/blade I then use my first finger to move the blade towards the handle, once it blocks the lockbar I then turn the knife over and push the back of the blade against my leg to close the knife the rest of the way, seldom do I use my finger to do the complete closing, just don't Stick your leg...always a possibility! Any time you use a sharp instrument you stand the chance of getting an inside view of your inner workings!
G2

Thanks guys thats exactly what I needed. Yeah, it is great. I love it already. That knife WILL show you your inner workings, and I didnt even feel it!!! At least I know that when I wound myself, it isnt gonna hurt like normal! Thanks Guys, NW

Back