1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New SOG in Recoil Magazine

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by Wunderbar, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    I saw a new version similar to the Trident. It has a clip point blade and 8Cr13MoV steel.
    Anyone else seeing new models?

2. GCG199

GCG199

Apr 26, 2001
    It is already listed for sale on a certain well-known retailer's website.

3. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    Thanks. I will look at it. I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

4. GCG199

GCG199

Apr 26, 2001
    They were listed for $30.

I am guessing that it is a replacement for the Trident folder, but I might be wrong on that.

We'll find out once the new products for 2018 are officially announced at the 2018 SHOT Show in Mid-January.

5. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    Looks similar to the Mini Trident but maybe better built. I find that some of the lower end knife models
    Are better when they're imports.

6. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    Oh yes. I see it. The Sog Flare. 3.5" 8Cr13MoV blade. Looks more like a Flash replacement. Comes with steel liners. Finally.

7. GCG199

GCG199

Apr 26, 2001
    Yes, it should be a much more solid design.

8. amirovilivasso

amirovilivasso

Jun 11, 2019
    Looks more like a Flash replacement. Comes with steel liners. Finally.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019