New Spyderco fixed blade?

Hi y'all,

I would really like to see a combat/tactical style fixed blade from Spyderco.

Is there any chance of this Sal?

Thanks,
John

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know (again).

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."
St. Mary's County, Republik of Marilundt

I`d rather see a nice little (2"-3" blade) neck knife with a multi carry sheath. I think you`d sell a TON of those.

I was just thinking a little while ago... You know what would be really cool? A fixed bladed knife with a blade a lot like, if not exactly like, that on the Military. Even with the hump and the finger choil. Or maybe extend the finger choil a little, to make it more of a guard. Leaving the hump would make a pretty good guard, I would think.

Anyway, I was just thinking, kinda rambling in my brain......
redface.gif

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

A modification of the Moran to a drop point, and flattening of the handle a bit would do fine in this category.

sing

AKTI #A000356

We have one on the board. Fixed blade for Martial Bladecraft. One handle, two blade shapes. With hump (as Rockspyder suggested) without hole (It's a FB). Flatter handle than Moran. Equal size / weight trainers.

sorry Steve, no FB neck knives in the plan. This is more a "sing" style piece.

Can't say more than that now.

sal

Drop point version of the Moran.

Same handle - the tooling is there already.

Low-ride leather "puukko" type sheath for walking quietly in the wet wild wood.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Sal,

And, all my training buddies wonder why I am such a big Spyderco fan...
smile.gif

The new Millenium is looking sharper and more interesting by the day.

sing

AKTI #A000356

Sal, what would be the bladelength of the scheduled FB? If you maintain the excellent sheath style as with the new Moran, A 4 or 5 inch blade would still be very easy to carry.

Originally posted by Sal Glesser:
We have one on the board. Fixed blade for Martial Bladecraft. One handle, two blade shapes. With hump (as Rockspyder suggested) {rockspyder jumps in: SCHWEEET
cool.gif
} without hole (It's a FB). {rockspyder jumps in again:
frown.gif
hole would look neat...} Flatter handle than Moran. {rockspyder: Nice

Couple of questions, hopefully that you can address:
(1) Will it be available to the general public?
(2) What steel?

Thanks SAL!
biggrin.gif

------------------

This sounds VERY interesting! I definitely would like to see another VG-10 fixed blade from Spyderco.

Sal,
Glad to hear about the fixed-blade possibility. I think the flatter(but still rounded for comfort) handle is a definite plus for the catagory this piece is intended for.

When your are able to spill some more info. out to us, I'm am curious about the length. Has a 5" or at least 4.5" blade been reviewed as possibilites?

Thank you(Spyderco team) for always keeping things interesting.

Ken

Sal, what about the fisherman's knife that I handled the last time I was up there? Is it a go? Problems?

I'm drooling here.

pat

I am definatley looking forward to more fixed blade offerings from Spyderco. A Lynn Griffith Spyderco collaboration would be pretty cool as well.

------------------
Dennis Bible

What I would like to see from Spyderco in a fixed blade would be a Loveless style drop point hunter, it would make a very nice companion piece to the Moran, two Classics!

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"

Moki, one of the factories that produces a lot of good knive for Spyderco, has made a few limited edition licensed Loveless designs for Beretta. If Beretta or Spyderco would bring out a drop point hunter in satin finish and a utility-grade micarta handle and a solid leather sheath, that would be a nice addition to the knife market.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Sal said, "a 'sing' style piece." THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
smile.gif
Can't wait.

sing

AKTI #A000356

James, you're right on the money. Micarta would be nice, a limited edition in Stag, would be Awesome! For me that would be a must have!
biggrin.gif

PhilL

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"

Well, I didn't plan it this way, but it seems timely. So let's play some R & D.

1. We have blade size at 4.5" being "optimum" blade length for a fixed blade that one may carry all of the time.

If you agree, please let us know, if not, why not?

2. It has always been my opinion that in design; "no more than necessary & no less than perfect" is the direction I choose to go. This means no more weight than is necessary. This measns "as light as is possible without giving up strength". (Keep in mind the "carry all of the time" feature.

Do you agree, if not, why not?

3. Some of you are suggesting "collector" pieces (stag Loveless, etc. fairly expensive hand work). Some of you are suggesting "user" pieces (less expensive, high tech, "tough", effective if needed, etc.).

Pick one or the other.

I have always gotten excellent feedback from those of you that grace our forum and give us the opportunity to "grow from your wisdom" (exploit?)

Whatchathink?

sal

Back