New Spydie and a wardrope upgrade for an old one.

Got the little Orange H1 LadyBug from County Comm and decided to give the Dragonfly Salt an updated wardrobe with some (can't remember the name, but it wasn't RIT) Dye in Tropical Green.

Here's a crappy pic with horrible lighting before the color-change to the Dragonfly with the new Ladybug:

DSCN7471.jpg

After the new color on the Dragonfly:

DSCN7478.jpg

DSCN7481.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up another two Dragonfly SALTs and dying one Orange so I can have all three colors.

The green DFly looks great. I am about to pick up a Dfly salt but not too hot on the yellow. how easy is it to dye the frn?

The green DFly looks great. I am about to pick up a Dfly salt but not too hot on the yellow. how easy is it to dye the frn?

Easier than G10 in my experience. I just looked it up and the Dye I used was Dylon (I got mine from Hobby Lobby).

It's about the same process as RIT dying. Clean the FRN thoroughly (I stripped mine of all the metal first, but you don't have to) and submerse in the Dye. I left the pot on simmer for a long time when doing mine, but I don't think you have to.

Thanks for the info. I know the ladybug comes in a few different colors in PE. Does any dealer offer the Dragonfly H1 in anything but yellow?

Thanks for the info. I know the ladybug comes in a few different colors in PE. Does any dealer offer the Dragonfly H1 in anything but yellow?

Black, Yellow, and Foliage Green G10 are the only colors I know of for the D-Fly2 - now the older version came in White I believe (as well as other colors?).

Edit - oh yeah, and British Racing Green for the ZDP-189 version.

Last edited:
But the Salt version is only offered in yellow, right? Regardless, I cant stop staring at your green one. Looks awesome

E Z Bake !! Looked so good I just had to try it myself. Turned out awesome !! :D Orange is next you say !?! You're costing me money bro !! Keep up the good work !! :thumbup:

D2GREEN.jpg

Back