New style kydex sheath - drop loop

Preferred method(s) of carry for kydex sheath?

• New Drop Loop idea works for me....!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horizontal carry with TekLok

• Vertical carry with TekLok

• In-The-Waistband carry with IWB TekLok or IWB loops

• Neck-knife carry with chain or paracord

• Canted carry (or pistol-style)

• I carry Strong Side

• I carry Weak Side (crossdraw)

• I carry clipped to a pack or bag....on an ALICE array, or similar

• Other carry method

• Total voters
I like the loop a little further down so the knife handle rides a bit higher. This is more comfortable for those of us with "mature" waist lines.

Your definition of "mature" must be radically different than mine........... :D :) ;)

The highrider style, when worn vertical ...... to me ........ is the most uncomfortable thing ever invented. It is a constant rib poker when sitting and not much better when standing. :thumbdn:

And Heaven forbid that anyone think I am only talking about Dan's sheath......... I am talking about any highrider style made by anyone. :eek: ;)

Needless to say........ " I don't like them and will not wear them.... " ;)

Thus, the question/suggestion/plea for the option of a longer loop for those of us that feel this way. IF, it happens to cost a bit more.... fine with me....... :thumbup:

Cool thing about this, guys - I can put the loop wherever I want it. ;)

Dan

Cool thing about this, guys - I can put the loop wherever I want it. ;)

Dan

Thank you Dan for the answer. :thumbup:

I personally think with that option alone.... this sheath will/can be a huge winner all the way around for everyone !! :thumbup: ;)

I am using a double thick piece of leather my local leather guy made for me...if I can...I'll sneak in a pic of the process.

:thumbup:

Dan

I typically carry horizontal on front of belt. The fact that you can carry on belt with the loop, or with tech lock vertical or horizontal is perfect. I really like to be able to take the knife on and off on a whim. I also like to clip a knife to the seat belt of the car I am driving, just to have it handy.

I think a Bushmaster would look really nice in one of those. I think I'm going to need one for my Bushmaster. Just have to figure out how I want to carry it :)

I will gladly do this for any knife....whether my own make or others....custom or production.

The only constraint I have is on overall length. I can't do more than 12 inches of sheath right now...which, if you add in an inch or two of handle sticking above...and subtract an inch or so for rivets at the bottom....leaves me with about 13 inches overall as the longest knife I can reasonably make this sheath for...or, an 8" bladed knife. Make sense?

So, bring it on...:D

Dan

While we are on the subject elsewhere I would like to get something straight... in my own mind if nothing else. :thumbup:

Is this a custom order sheath or not ?

Above it say you will gladly do it for any knife ~~~~ custom or production.

Maybe I interpret that wrong.

Is this sheath an option on any of your knives that are in the size range described?

IF so, does that mean it is then a "custom" sheath.

A simple, crystal clear answer please. :)

Along with simple directions for how to get one for those who wish.

A sheath made individually to fit a particular knife I would consider a custom order sheath. Especially when you factor in the ability to have it made with a forward or reverse cant, high or low ride. This said, Dan has offered to make these for almost any knife, custom or production made.

How do you get one? Email Dan, tell him what you want, and ship your knife off to him!

I'm sure these would be available for just about any knife Dan makes.

Personally, I've got a custom that I will eventually send to him for one of these sheathes. For what you get, its a great deal!

how about "standard" vs. "special"....better terms to describe them.

My standard kydex sheath is $25 and is set up for multi-position carry with tekloks.

I also make a quickdraw kydex sheath ($45), as well as this new drop loop style ($35-45). But only on special request.

The price is higher because it is quite a bit more work to get everything right. Or rather, the standard sheath is cheaper because I can make it much faster.

Hope that clears things up.

Dan

Last edited:
SPXTrader, no offense meant...... but these questions were not addressed to you at all.
I do not care what your definition of "CUSTOM" is or what you consider a "CUSTOM" to be.....
......unless you are speaking in official capacity for Dan of course.
And as far as how to get one... are you 100% sure that is the process ??

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That said, I see Dan has answered.
Thank you Dan, this makes sense to me.

Standard vs. Special

Standard ... comes with the knife unless otherwise noted.

Special ... can be had as an option at additional cost [unless otherwise noted]

That, to me anyway...... is crystal clear.
Thank you........ :thumbup: :)

Drop loop is great, my only question is where do you get eyelets long enough for 3 layers of Kydex , I have been hunting for ages .

Thank You
Richard

SPXTrader, no offense meant...... but these questions were not addressed to you at all.
I do not care what your definition of "CUSTOM" is or what you consider a "CUSTOM" to be.....
......unless you are speaking in official capacity for Dan of course.
And as far as how to get one... are you 100% sure that is the process ??

~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That said, I see Dan has answered.
Thank you Dan, this makes sense to me.

Standard vs. Special

Standard ... comes with the knife unless otherwise noted.

Special ... can be had as an option at additional cost [unless otherwise noted]

That, to me anyway...... is crystal clear.
Thank you........ :thumbup: :)

Ease up guy. There's no sense going postal over my reply to your post. No, I'm not speaking in an official capacity for Dan, and you should be smart enough to realize that.

Do I know how it works is what I said? Yes, I do thank you.

And no offense meant here either. No bigger font, bold letters.

Chill out.

drop loop kydex sheath is a custom sheath....uses more material, takes more time/effort, and I have to use different rivets. As shown above, I will gladly place the loop anywhere the customer wants, at whatever angle too.

Ease up guy. There's no sense going postal over my reply to your post. No, I'm not speaking in an official capacity for Dan, and you should be smart enough to realize that.

Do I know how it works is what I said? Yes, I do thank you.

And no offense meant here either. No bigger font, bold letters.

Chill out.

:D

Trust me my friend..... my "little reply" is no where near or even close to "postal". Nor was it meant to be. ;)

I quite possibly misread your intent.
My bad.
:thumbup:

However I am 'chilled out' & pretty much 'eased up'....... as I was when I responded the first time.

Regards,
Chuck P

glad you guys could work it out.

simpsons_handshake.jpg

:D :p

Back