New Titanium Millie Pivot too tight!!! help

Well I finally got a Titanium Millie. Beautiful knife. Only problem is the pivot was so tight it was really difficult to even open it. I've loosened it, put a few drops of clp and still even though it loosened a little, it is still two handed opening/closing. I've got several Spyderco's, never had any problems with any of them. Any suggestions before I send it back? Thanks

The Ti Military has a stronger-than-usual lockbar strenth too, so keep that in consideration. Push the lockbar all the way over and lift the blade and see if it free falls. If it does, then, you're good to go. It will break in some more with time.

I believe the new cqi pivits have a screw on both sides. One side might be overly tight. You should try to have both screws tightened only enough to keep the side to side wobble from happening

My Ti Millie is as smooth as glass, smoother than the liner lock versions.

So something does sound wrong. Depending on your personal mechanical sympathy you can get it dialed in or make things a lot worse.

If you're not sure you should send it in to Colorado for service.

Ok well I checked the lockbar to make sure it wasn't tension (figured it wasn't) and while it did make it move more freely it still required two hands, holding the handle and pushing over the lockbar and the other hand pulling the blade. I called Knifecenter and to do a return/replacement. I've got 8 other Spyderco's and this is the first one that's had any issue. I'm not comfortable disassembling a brand new knife and would rather just have one that works. Been waiting on a Ti Millie for awhile and their price was too good to pass ($189) now the wait begins again.

Update: I returned the Millie to Knife Center. Sent a note along with it describing the problem just like customer service asked me to. Turn around time was quick, getting the new replacement. On the new invoice there was an inspection stamp along with a signature. This baby is buttery smooth. Great customer service. Great price on a new Titanium Millie 189.00 to my door. It's really nice when you feel like you won some :)

Back