New to Becker Heads Anonymous,,,,,

New to the forum, been reading it for some time. Good stuff, good pics/mods/topics. I was curious if anyone has found Beckers in larger chain stores? I bought a Remora at a Gander Mountain, saw a BK-16 recently at a Cabellas in Arkansas ($99). And thats it,,nowhere else. No luck at Bass Pro Shops, REI, maybe 2 dozen trail/gear shops, 5 or 6 Army Navy Surplus stores. I have been to these types of stores all over the south and have not seen any Beckers. I have a BK2 and a Remora, I am just amazed that these knives are not a little more common to see. You get a lot of Knife for your dollar. Anyone see these great knives in other stores?

Cheers to all

Welcome aboard. I always look for them too, but have only seen one or two in smaller shops. They are usually priced at or above retail when you do find them. I suspect that will change one of these days and some of the major outdoor chains will start stocking them. How do you like the BK2?

I've only seen em in small sporting goods stores (the ones that stock the good stuff lol) and online. And welcome :)

Welcome. Have seen the Remora, plus, have seen the 2 and 7 at a local sporting goods store.

I was at a local camping-warehouse supply store and they had a BK15 in stock. Even though it was marked up $25 over regular price I had to buy it to support my local economy:D I see a lot of K-Bars at gun stores and sporting goods stores but only that one Becker.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome Sleeprocks!
I've yet to see any Beckers at my local stores.
I did find a dealer at a local gun show. Sky high prices though!
They wouldn't budge on pricing, but they cut me a deal on some micarta.
I'd like to see Beckers become more prevelant in the larger stores.
I wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks if it was done locally.

Welcome Sleeprocks,
Where I live in Central NJ, there is only 1 store that carries the Becker line of knives that I know of. The Big Retailer stores do not carry them around here either.. I must say though that i am kinda glad that they don't because ( and I'm just thinking out loud here ) that if the demand from Big Box Stores became to great it might impact quality control at the manufacturing level.. I would hate to see "China" stamped on my Beckers...lol..... just my .02

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think the one thing that stands out for me about my bk2 is how comfortable it is in my hand. When i put the micarta scales on, it felt even better. I stripped it, just because i don't care for the coating. The only real work i've done is change the edge a little, ground the bevel down a little, sand paper on the mouse pad, etc. Got it's sharpness to acceptable. Just haven't been able to put a lot of time into it recently. I have lots of really good diamond polishing past from 15 ish micron all the way down to .25 micron. ill see what kind of polish i can get on her. But to me its a work knife, something to beat up and make good use of.

Back