New to me Woodsman

20161011_165114.jpg
Earlier this year we purchased a new property, the house is set back off the road in the woods on the top of a hill. At the bottom of the hill is a small lake or large pond. It's a great setting, however the house is in rough shape. I committed to a year of remodling work and no hobbies and I haven't had the chance to really check out the surrounding woods.
Fall is my favorite season and I just got a 'new to me' Woodsman from a very generous member here. (thank you!) The weather was ideal today and the leaves are starting to change so I decided to take a break, grabbed the knife and my dog and we walked through the woods and down to the water.

20161023_165320.jpg
20161023_165620.jpg
748261a50306bec5132149b334d5f517.jpg

92d53385f658107dcf9d805d3654f54c.jpg

I really need a Fiddleback Machete to do a little trail blazing so I can take my kids down there. Looking forward to spending a lot of quality time on this property after the work settles down a bit.
The Woodsman is awesome! I only used it a little to clear some sticker bushes for my dog and remove some branches from our path but it's very well made and extremely comfortable. You guys make a great tool.
Ok, back to spackling the bathroom.

The Woodsman is one of my favorite Fiddleback Forge knife models and was also my first. For a larger knife, it has a lot of versatility that lends itself to a lot of tasks.

I recently picked up a machete from Fiddleback Outpost and love it. It will definitely handle the trailblazing you need done.
It would be hard for me to stay out of those woods and water with or without the remodeling work, you are stronger than I.

Love that Woodsman!!

I have one Woodsman, and it is among my favorite knives. For the size, it is quite a nimble knife and incredibly capable of doing both fine tasks and tough camp chores. I know that Andy likes the Duke (hence the production version), and it is a very nice knife. However, I think that the Woodsman is THE KNIFE in that size range and think that it (and the Bear Paw) is the most underrated knives in the Fiddleback lineup.

Beautiful pond. I want a bit of property around my house so bad, but alas, its not in the cards for now...

Back