New Trend in Spydies?

I've noticed that a lot of the new models shown at blade have a lot of the same features.. i.e. ayoob, chinook, temperance, all seem to have a prominent hump and a blade with a serious curve into a nasty point.

I thought this was kinda odd considering that these were all designed by different people. Since these are all part of the martial bladecraft lineup, and are a different animal than previous "defensive" knives (cricket, civilian, merlin) I was wondering what the particular advantage to this design is.

FWIW, my girlfriend has named the Chinook and Temperance the "Rhino" and "Duck" respectively...
smile.gif

...tm

Tom - The curved up tips also provide a good belly for those that like bellies on a blade, such as hunters.

The Temperance models will have two different blade shapes. One like the Chinook, but shorter and the other like a short, wide dragonfly blade.

The hooked point and some of the other features of the Temperance models were influenced by Jim Keating, Bram, Bob Taylor and Burt Lock.

Not a trend, just tryin' new stuff.

sal

nice to know I had a positive influence!!!
I love the new MBC knives!!!
The shapes allow for self defense usage and good cutting power in a small package.
Control is important in selfdefense or MBC...
MBC knives must be able to function in forward or in reverse grip....

Back