new user.. where to buy balisongs?

hey all... i'm looking for the best (cheapest :) ) online shop to buy the benchmade 47 balisong.

1 catch, they have to be able to ship internationally..

i already know of one site (www.knifezilla.com) but they are $138.50 there +shipping, and i always read posts in this board saying you can get benchmade 42,43,47s for around $100...
so please fill me in

Hey di_entropy,
Did you come over here from the [H]? If so, that butterfly knife thread sure seemed to drum up some interest in these knives. I was the guy who was trying to put in the good word for them when most of those guys were knocking something they had never had any experience with. Anyway, there are some cheaper places on the net to buy balisongs, but from what I’ve heard Knifezilla is pretty much the best when it comes to shipping knives across customs. You’ll pay a little more, but you’ll stand a lot better chance of actually seeing your knife on your doorstep. Good luck with whatever you decide and welcome to the forums!:D

Originally posted by di_entropy
hey all... i'm looking for the best (cheapest :) ) online shop to buy the benchmade 47 balisong.

1 catch, they have to be able to ship internationally..

i already know of one site (www.knifezilla.com) but they are $138.50 there +shipping, and i always read posts in this board saying you can get benchmade 42,43,47s for around $100...
so please fill me in

I'm gonna get a bm from this site: http://www.newgraham.com/benchmad.htm

30 bucks cheaper (about) compared to Knifezilla. I'm curious as to why Knifezilla is so much more expensive... :confused:

edit: Forgot the link. :D

Originally posted by Allistar

I'm gonna get a bm from this site: http://www.newgraham.com/benchmad.htm

30 bucks cheaper (about) compared to Knifezilla. I'm curious as to why Knifezilla is so much more expensive... :confused:

edit: Forgot the link. :D
It might be because they go the extra mile to get knives through customs to places where other retailers are unwilling to ship.

Originally posted by McMahan
Hey di_entropy,
Did you come over here from the [H]? If so, that butterfly knife thread sure seemed to drum up some interest in these knives. I was the guy who was trying to put in the good word for them when most of those guys were knocking something they had never had any experience with. Anyway, there are some cheaper places on the net to buy balisongs, but from what I’ve heard Knifezilla is pretty much the best when it comes to shipping knives across customs. You’ll pay a little more, but you’ll stand a lot better chance of actually seeing your knife on your doorstep. Good luck with whatever you decide and welcome to the forums!:D

yep.. i did come over from [H] forums.. as i said there i've been looking to get a butterfly knife for about 6 months now.. but its next to impossible to get them here without being in a gang or something :mad:, and even then, they are the cheapo ones that will most likely break after a couple of weeks of manipulation (whereas the loser gang people just have them for show)

my main worry is actually seeing the knife after i have spent well over $200 australian for it...

should i maybe go for something a bit cheaper first? (jaguar classic, $28.50 USD from www.knifezilla.com) to see if it gets thru customs, then after i've had that, progress to a benchmade?

If you really want the Benchmade, I would talk to Knifezilla and see what they have to say about shipping it through customs. Maybe they will give you a guarantee that they will get the knife to you or send a replacement if it doesn’t make it through. I remember someone on the forums saying that they got a replacement sent to them after the first one was confiscated.

try www.americanoutdoorsports.com

I can't say for sure that they have or don't have the 43 or 47, but last time I emailed em they said they did. Also, price listed on the site says "POR,"or, price on request. Last time I requested, they quoted me 102 for regular, and 106 for anodized.

Dunno about the international shipping though

For international shipping, use a private carrier, DHL, Fed Ex, etc.
There is a very valid reason for this. ;)

i think i'll be getting one of these butterfly knives just now:
http://216.71.158.68/webcat/product463.html

anyone have anything good or bad to say about it?

i will definately go the extra mile and get a benchmade once i get the cash and feel the need to progess to the next level, but at the moment $250 australian seems alot to pay for a butterfly knife, but we'll see :)..

oh, and fyi, www.knifezilla.com guaranteed me that i would recieve the knife... nice people, aren't they? :)

Welcome to the forums di_entropy! I hope you find all the information here that you seek.

I haven't had any experience with those Pcific Style Balis, but I've heard mixed reviews. They look sharp, but I remember something about a piece of rubber on the latch that falls off easily. I could be wrong... help me out here guys.

In any case, come by often and remember that there are no dumb questions. (well, as long as you don't ask where babies come from or anything :D)

Back