New vid from @Larrin :) Damascus

Thanks for sharing it! A lot of dollars and man-hours went into the study. We were able to come up with creative ways to answer old questions (and a lot of new questions that we were finding through the testing). Many surprises.

Thanks for sharing it! A lot of dollars and man-hours went into the study. We were able to come up with creative ways to answer old questions (and a lot of new questions that we were finding through the testing). Many surprises.

Saw it and read the article on. Knife nerds!!! Great job!!👍👍👍

Excellent video!

I have a Sebenza with Chad Nichols Damascus. 2 of its 4 ingredients were part of the study-AEB-L and Nickel. The 440c and 304 were not.

Yet, I found the information quite helpful.

The response to the video/article has been great. A lot of positive comments. And number of views is high, at least compared to my other videos. I’m happy people are interested in Damascus, I didn’t know for sure if they would be.

you would think with your fathers success & history, you should have known ;)

Very glad you did this & the fact you found something unexpected made it even better, ...
I for one, would love to see the science on this niche subject expanded and you're one of the few who would do it justice

Please keep them coming...

is it too early to ask for a magnacut/nickel damascus break down? ... 100 folds vs 1000 etc etc.... so many interesting areas to advance & document

Fascinating. I've been impressed by Civivi's Damascus. My Alan Davis is in Alan Davis is in Alabama Damascus, but with his excellent heat treatment I'm sure it will do well.

Thanks for the video and all the testing and study, it was very interesting!
I have only one Damascus blade a 1989 model Buck 110 and I think it is 512 layer random pattern. It has performed very well over the years and field dressed many deer and other critters.

Well I have to admit, I’m today years old when I found out Devin Thomas was Larrin Thomas’s father.
I mean it’s quite the straight line to follow just never made the connection until now, what an idiot moment.

Sometimes that’s just the way it goes.

Back