New VTAC Owner

Took receipt of VTAC today, quite impressed. Smaller than I envisioned, guess it's the black dress - I do Like!

Headed to the woods tomorrow for an extended hunt, will report back 'hawk's journey and performance.

Thanks for a wonderful product!

Although it might be alittle small, the VTAC is a handy little bugger.:D.

I WOULD like to see a larger version, 'tho, as that would be excellent!

Is the VTAC smaller than the Roger's Ranger's hawk?
Those are the two i am debating over, now. I like the looks of the ranger, which I will probably get customized a bit, but, I like the idea of having the never-say-die-one -chop-stop VTAC in my bag of tricks.

rooikat said:
Is the VTAC smaller than the Roger's Ranger's hawk?
Those are the two i am debating over, now. I like the looks of the ranger, which I will probably get customized a bit, but, I like the idea of having the never-say-die-one -chop-stop VTAC in my bag of tricks.
I have both of those 'Hawks, and yes...The VTAC is quite a bit smaller (and lighter) than the Roger's Rangers Spike 'Hawk, but I like the Roger's Rangers Spike 'Hawk the best...(But you really NEED both of 'em.:D.).

I went on a 3-day duck hunting trip last week in Arkansas. We hunted on a flooded river, tying up our boat among sloughs and the main channel at times. I carried the VTAC attached to the molle-straps on my Eagle RAID pack (camo'd slightly to break up the appearance to the ducks - and to increase CDI factor ;-)

See attached:

pn2ip

pn2tw

As far as size goes, here is a photo of a comparison of the VTAC and the new USMC Fighting knife/bayonet, the Ontario OKC3S.

pn30x

The hawk wasn't used that much during the hunting, cleared a couple of low-hanging limbs. I will endeavor to give it a better workout later this week on my Texas goose hunt. I'll stay in touch.

Thanks again for a great and handy hawk.

Thanks for posting the pics. Nice sheath on that hawk. I like the bayonet, as well. A friendly Marine let us 'borrow' one. I think it is a good design, and a good tool/weapon for our warriors.
I cannot wait to get my VTAC.

Back