New wallet... Is this normal?

Got a new large bifold delivered in the mail yesterday and it has two parallel lines printed in the leather all the way around the outside face about 1/4" off the stiching. I've never noticed it in photos and I'm guessing it's part of the manufacturing process?

IMG_20150325_124143384_HDR_zpswlpisadr.jpg

IMG_20150325_124223264_HDR_zpsk531yhlv.jpg

IMG_20150325_124249946_HDR_zps5jpv6pbs.jpg

Hello. I've had these appear on a couple items from Saddleback (and other leather goods too). I believe it's just from the guide on the sewing machine when these are sewn together. It doesn't detract from the quality or beauty one bit (IMHO). However, if it bothers you immensely, mention something to the company and see what they can so that you can have one without the lines. Enjoy your new wallet! Matt

I have the large bifold and don't have those lines but agree with mshambone that they are probably guide marks that would of normally dissapeared as the leather settled. They have tremendous customer service at Saddleback. Just send an email with those pictures and they'll square you away.

Was this a Dave's deal? I Got a small bifold in dark chocolate brown bifold that is a DD'S AND it it has the same marks

this was one from amazon. i emailed saddleback some pics and they let me swap it out for a new one with no hassle. excellent customer service. they had the new one in the mail about an hour after my ups guy scanned my return.

Back