Drops on May 3rd.
PoDS4nt.jpg

sZeYwW9.jpg

gicE3sN.jpg

MJtWYsm.jpg

RYLrwps.jpg

PEzOfKA.jpg

360q61i.jpg

No more button-locks please, there’s enough out there already. Frame-locks rule.

I've been doing the dive with button locks. They are okay but at the end of the day, I do prefer liner and frame locks. While liner and frame locks are more likely to have hot spots under my pointer finger during use, I instinctively reach my finger for them when it's time to close a knife. I feel like lock-up is sometimes a little better on liner and frame locks. The detent tends to be crisper on liner and frame locks too.

Doing a project the other night, I had my first experience with something that I'd only seen rumors about. I could not open my knife! The button just wouldn't move far enough down. After some fiddling, I was able to shake out a little piece of something that had gotten up under there in my pocket. I'm 100% sure that it could have been worse, and I can imagine a scenario in which I'd have needed to take the knife apart to fix it.

That's not to say I hate button locks now or that I'm done with them. I've just cooled off on them. I'd much rather see liner or frame locks made with more attention to ergonomics around the lock-bar and blade interface.

I was at blade 2019 in ATL.
Snagged this WE prototype. There was no name for it at the time.
A year or so later Bladehq has a “coming soon” ad for this knife with the name WE “Jaga.” WE Jaga “coming soon” page is still active
Now we have the magnetron, the mass produced version.
This knife is super cool to me, the only one to exist as far as I know.
A piece the WE knife fans should know about.

How the hell do I post pics from my library?

Damasteel
Cf shred inlays
Timascus pivot collar & clip
Custom level work 4 years before the production version.
It’s a knife that deserves to be known

Wow! ^^

Thats crazy! I wonder how many other designs WE is holding back on. That’s a very cool one of a kind you have there.

Back