New XM-18 custom scale by peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What material are the scales? Do you think he could do an orange and blue one? Who is peter and how do I contact him?

He has a couple different materials. Mine are all G-10 but he does great carbon fiber work as well.

I don't understand you guys. This is Rick Hinderer's forum. Rick makes carbon fiber scales for XM-18s and it won't void your warranty. If I was going to push other makers I would choose a different forum and not disrespect Rick. :thumbdn:

Sorry you feel this way Hammer, I was just following the posts that I have seen in the Reeve Forums. Other guys post their modded sebbies and zaans, so I figured this would be the appropriate forums to post my "voided" Hinderer.

Rick, if you feel the same way, I am sorry and will gladly delete this.

think those scales are hideous! the grip might function well but that color design? wow

I love them and have Peter making me a set in blue and one other custom color combo. To each their own.

Hello Mike, Actually I do feel the same way as Hammer on this....There is a big difference in my business and CRK and other makers that does effect this...you see I make and SELL handles for my XM-18's....So I dont want people to come into my forum showing their handle scales that they bought elsewhere which will of course strum up business elsewhere besides my shop....so in a nutshell coming to my forum to take business away from me....in the future I will be deleting any thread that has any refrence to any mods done on my knives...I mean no disrespect but this is a business to me...Thanks

Rick

Hello Mike, Actually I do feel the same way as Hammer on this....There is a big difference in my business and CRK and other makers that does effect this...you see I make and SELL handles for my XM-18's....So I dont want people to come into my forum showing their handle scales that they bought elsewhere which will of course strum up business elsewhere besides my shop....so in a nutshell coming to my forum to take business away from me....in the future I will be deleting any thread that has any refrence to any mods done on my knives...I mean no disrespect but this is a business to me...Thanks

Rick

Bad idea Rick. You already sell more knives than you can produce so your approach seems excessive. If you find the custom scale craze a threat to your business, perhaps ask why many prefer them to what you offer and build the same only better; I would have gladly purchased mine from you had you offered what I wanted. Sharing custom mods is fun and enhances the Hinderer ownership experience for me...only makes me want more. I'm into 1911's and boats. On both 1911.org and many boat manufacturer forums they encourage sharing mods and it only supports their brands.

Obviously our call, but I don't think it is hurting your sales as with what you currently offer I would not have purchased extra scales and I'm relatively sure it actually enhances the over-all XM experience. If you prefer we could post scale mods on the general forum instead of your section. Either way the XM is the best folder I have ever owned or seen.

Last edited:
I dont see how few custom scales can do anything bad for business , sorry .
customizing knifes is fun part of this hobby , why not to share a pic ? :confused:

Let's say my son decides to set up a lemonade stand in the front yard. He takes his allowance that he's saved up and pays for a sign, a table, cups, etc. His lemonade is quickly a huge hit in the neighborhood. The kid next door gets the idea to sell lemonade and he decides to do so on my son's table. As much as I love the little entrepreneur next door, I'll have to kick the little bastard out of my son's lemonade stand. Can I stop him from selling lemonade? No. Can I make sure he gets his own table/sign to sell it in his own yard, yes. Could be wrong but I'd say this is the "moral of the story" here.

Let's say my son decides to set up a lemonade stand in the front yard. He takes his allowance that he's saved up and pays for a sign, a table, cups, etc. His lemonade is quickly a huge hit in the neighborhood. The kid next door gets the idea to sell lemonade and he decides to do so on my son's table. As much as I love the little entrepreneur next door, I'll have to kick the little bastard out of my son's lemonade stand. Can I stop him from selling lemonade? No. Can I make sure he gets his own table/sign to sell it in his own yard, yes. Could be wrong but I'd say this is the "moral of the story" here.

The "moral of the story" is Rick is selling lemonade, but customers want a beer. The custom scale makers offer something he is unwilling or uncapable of producing. If he would offer the same "to the customer spec" approach that PeterR does, I would have gone to him.

Will RHK do this? If they do, I have an order right now for them!
IMG_0896.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back