New York Custom Knife Show • 2018 = Modern state of the art!

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
it's been just over a month since I finished work on this show, yet the knives are ALWAYS timeless and visual.

We came in as a team: Susan, Trevor and myself. Of every show we attend, THIS is our favorite. Because.... it's SO close to home (90 mins). And I can do a little bit of walking around glad-handing and admiring. I'm not slammed. :)

Let's get right to it in the next posts.....

In a rare twist: From Z to A.....

Last edited:

Michael Zieba - Brooklyn, NY, and his design collaboration with Jason Knight - North Carolina.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Daniel Watson / Angelsword - Texas
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Buster Warenski - Details
orig.jpg

Last edited:

Shawn Greacen - Canada
orig.jpg

Pieter Goosen - South Africa
orig.jpg

Tore Fogarizzu / Simone Fezzardi - Italy
orig.jpg

Andrew & John Demko - Pennsylvania
orig.jpg

Herucus Blomerus - South Africa
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Love it when these threads come! Interesting that there were quite a few makers there from Thailand, those smiths over there are definitely very talented.

A lot of over the top pieces here, especially all the swords and daggers.

I really like the Yakuza bowie rendition in post 3, which is actually the second one of those I've seen, the other made by another Thai bladesmith (by Pum Wanaknife).

Even though they're not the most intricate out the bunch here, I also like the creativity Matt Parkinson is putting into his silver inlays, such as the fishtail on the knife butt and the green duck head, both are "simple" but very cool ideas.

Thanks for sharing it all with us here Coop. It's always nice to be able to see all these great knives here on bladeforums without having to deal with the ADD inducing IG or FB, it's so much more relaxing and "intimate" if that even makes sense lol.

Hope you're having a Merry Xmas .

~Paul
My Youtube Channel
... (It's been a few years since my last upload)

Great stuff Coop thanks for sharing. Your work is as beautiful as ever.
Have a very Merry Xmas and a healthy and happy new year. I am looking forward to seeing you at Blade.:)

So much YES in this thread! Amazing knives, and fantastic photos that fully show off the beauty of each creation!

Thank you again my friend for your extraordinary work and posting these exceptional photographs for us all....:cool:

Fantastic blades and fantastic photography! Great thread. I attended that show (1st time) and what was on display there was just overpowering. I never saw blades like what they had there in person before and seeing so many of them at one time in one banquet room was mind-boggling. Great show to max out your credit cards in almost no time flat.

Hey there Coop, the best of all Holiday Wishes to you all. And as usual, though I don't post as much anymore, I always respond with delight when one of your show theads shows up in Customs. You are one of the very best parts of custom knife collecting and it has been much appreciated over the years in all you do.

Best Wishes,

Bob

Amazing pictures of the knives and swords.

I've been seeing Vladamir Komanko knives for years now, and those look like some great work.

Your profession sure allows you the ability to handle some amazing work!!!

Back