Newbie seeking purchase advice

I found this site while browsing the web, tons of great information.
Anyways Ive got $30 that I want to spend on a everyday knife, what are some candidates that I should look into within this price range?
-Foldering is a plus
-So is a partially serrated blade

Thanks for any input

id look at the byrd line, ive read good things about em, thinking of getting one myself just to test

also, for $40 walmart has the spyderco native though its plainedge only...but its a terrific knife for the money, though not all stores have them

Welcome!

Benchmade pika, becker necker (fixed blade), buck 110, Camillus cuda EDC, CRKT m-16, kershaw has a bunch, Spyderco jester and dragonfly, and thats just to name a few.;)

For a fresh NEW summer look, try the new CRKT "Ichi" designed by renowned knifemaker Koji Hara. Available at your favorite internet purveyor of fine blades......... sound like a good commercial? I saw Koji in Vegas last weekend and it looks like a cute EDC; 2.5 inch 420J2 blade; assisted opener or plain opener; satin or black blade. For $30 I'll get one just cuz' I like Koji. Due out in MARCH I am told.

ok, this leads to my next question, wheres a good place to buy a knife? Internet, ebay? a sports store?

matthew krissak said:
Put in the extra $10.00 and get a Spyderco Native at Walmart.

i would second this vote. EXCEPT IT IS NOT SERRATED. You can get a serrated Native but not from walmart and not for that price.

and if you can't spare the 10 bucks get the Kershaw chive for 25.00 -also at walmrt. WAY FUN knife. I like it better in some ways but the Native is MUCH better steel.

Oh one other thing, if you buy on-line and are not sure of the reputaion of the store, take a look at the Exchange section of this form and look under "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". The last thing you want to do is order from somewhere and have to wait forever since they never had your knife in stock in the first place..... The exchange area is also a good place to see if any members have any knives on sale that you might want (check the GB&U before you buy though).

Again, happy hunting!