Newcomer to the group! (pics of gear inside)

Hey everyone!

So recently I've started getting more into knives and such. My reason for it....I've been obsessed with watching The Walking Dead, reading the comics the show is based off of, and I play a lot of games (Left 4 Dead 2 being the zombie game of choice). You can never be too prepared for the zombie apocalypse! And from that end, I started getting interested in collecting items for my "Emergency Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit" (EZASK). If anyone's interested, the list of stuff is on Amazon: Zombie Apocalypse Wishlist. I'm sure I'll be adjusting that list in the future!

I didn't buy any of the gear I currently have specifically for that, but I figured being new, it might be fun to show everyone what I have so I can see how good/most-likely-bad the stuff I have is compared to some really nice gear most survivalists are packing. On to the pictures!

Here's some multitools (L to R):
- Gerber International, 8-9 years old but pretty close to the Strata
- some random tool in a gift bag
- Leatherman Wave:
multi_tools.jpg

My backpack:
- Oakley Kitchen Sink
kitchen_sink.jpg

Some knives (L to R):
- Browning DX 512
- Gerber 22-01629 LMF II Black Infantry Knife with 4.8-Inch Blade
- Gerber Paraframe I (got this to replace the beat up one next to it)
- Some random Gerber folding that I got about 10 years ago - was the only serated folding I had during that time, would probably be what you'd consider an EDC
- A Klein folder that I was given by my employer 11 years ago before college working on a construction site (was my EDC during that summer job)
knives.jpg

Not shown (the two CRKTs are en route to my place currently):
- a Gerber Curve that's sitting in my car in case I need a random little knife, screwdriver, or beer bottle opener
- Columbia River Knife and Tool's M21-14SFG Special Forces Big Dog Deep-Bellied Spear Point Knife with Veff Serrated Blade
- Columbia River Knife and Tool's M16-14SFG Special Forces Folding Knife with Veff Serrated Blade (Tonto)

After reading the forums for a few days, I definitely have my sights set on a Becker (maybe a BK2?), Spyderco Paramilitary, and a ZT 0560 (Unless the 0777 comes out before then!) :) I look forward to hanging around and learning/sharing!!

welcome you will like the bEckers FAR more than the gerbers and Colorado River KT. trust me. i quit buying both brands since i was intruduced to Beckers. now i do like gerber's mulitools. they are rock solid. i have had a few since i was a kid. i am 34 now.

Back