Newest Ralph Turnbull arrived

fracmeister

Petroleum Engineer
The bolsters are jelly roll damascus made by Robert Eggerling and the blade and locking bar are made from Ealy damascus.
Usual fantastic mop, file work and finish.

Attachments

• bos-small.jpg
    bos-small.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 211
NO WAY Frac!!!! You CANNOT use the term "Jelly-Roll" Damascus and NOT EXPLAIN what it is:eek: :eek:

I picture some Fat cop dropping some giant JELLY DONUTS into a bubbling vat of molten steel!!!!........Ira:confused: ;)

First, I want to assure you that our law enforcement friends have no corner on the avoirdupois market....

You know what a "jelly roll" is I hope... very thin rectangular cake, covered with jelly, rolled and then sliced perpendicular to the newly created cylinder. Well, here is a zoom in of the bolster between the screws and a picture of it on a blade.

Link to my Ralph Tunbull page--jelly roll on the knife with the ruby thumb stud

Attachments

• jelly.jpg
    jelly.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 131
Very nice as usual, from one of the masters.I see you have a TKCL knife.GREAT DEAL from the man.I have one also.

Technically the Trunbull one is the "non-tkcl" knife, so named by txlazer I believe. I have ordered ALL the tkcl blades and Larry Chew tells me mine is finished and Johnny Stout has indicated mine will be finished before the second coming of Bill Moran.

My tkcl page is here:

Big pictures--click them for bigger ones!

I also bought a Larry Chew tkcl knife in the aftermarket and would love to get a "carry" version of the non-tkcl knife.

Congrats frac!
Ralph's knives always turn my head, he has a way of incorporating a group of beautiful materials combined with workmanship into a knife that flows.

Thanks for the photos of the Jelly roll in progress. Would you mind if I used those on my home page? I'll cite you of course. I had assumed, but never seen the process...

Back