News from Craig

Dear Gurkha House customers and friends,

I must apologize for not being very responsive to emails and other attempts to contact me. Our server has been acting up terribly. As a result, about 50% of the emails I have been sent were only today delivered to me. Second, our online order system has been giving us some problems. Many of you who have tried to order from us have been unable to do so online. Rest assured that we are still in business and are working on these technical problems. Bugs can knock us down, but can't knock us out.

On a personal level, I have moved to California. We are currently filling orders through a good friend and knife maker, Peter Frye. He holds our inventory, receives shipments from Nepal, inspects each khukuri that goes out, and handles all shipping matters for us now. He doesn’t accept phone calls, so please email us with any questions you may have. Our email is working again, thank God!

Also, my speciality in the USMC, civil affairs, is both a scarce field and one that is in high demand, given the huge refugee problem in Afghanistan and Pakistan. In the event that I am deployed as part of our war on terrorism (very likely, according to the “higher ups”), you may notice a slowing down in our service. Rest assured that we will not go away, and that my absence will not result in an end to Gurkha House.

Sincerely,

Craig Gottlieb

Great to hear from you again Craig! I think we're all just relieved that you hadn't contracted anthrax.

Congratulations (I guess) on the move to Cali. They can use all the sensible voters they can get.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we hope your services are not needed in Afghanistan or environs, but we know you would be equal to the task and do us proud.

Good luck settling in and thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that you are around and straightening out personal matters.

Good luck and stay sharp, brother Craig.

I'll most likely see you in the big sandbox.
Keep the head down or else I'll have work to do.
recondoc
HM3 Bretz 8404
4th MarDiv 4th Rcnbn

Back