Next Sales Thread Sneak Peek!

I would never have thought of some of these handle combinations. They all look great Chris, I bet this was a fun batch for you to get creative on.

I think the blue Tusk wins the show. The double OD is very attractive too.

I would never have thought of some of these handle combinations. They all look great Chris, I bet this was a fun batch for you to get creative on.

I think the blue Tusk wins the show. The double OD is very attractive too.
Ugh... was kinda hoping no one noticed the Tusk... *giggle* Silly me...

I would definitely go for that Tusk because the blue is sooooo beautiful. But I kinda sorta have "enough" and think this would be a fun one to sit back and watch what happens with it. ;)

@pertinux

Yes, the blue is stunning. I’ve been waiting to see that handle material again ever since the Warthog a few months back.

The two on either side of the Razorback: are they both Apaches? They look as if they are very different in size despite having the same lines?
ETA: probably just the angle at which the pic was taken - was thrown off a little because they aren’t shown next to each other.

Last edited:

That one immediately jumped out at me. It's beautiful

I would definitely go for that Tusk because the blue is sooooo beautiful. But I kinda sorta have "enough" and think this would be a fun one to sit back and watch what happens with it. ;)

@pertinux

Jerry, SHHHHH. I think there will be enough competition if that one makes the cut

The two on either side of the Razorback: are they both Apaches? They look as if they are very different in size despite having the same lines?
ETA: probably just the angle at which the pic was taken - was thrown off a little because they aren’t shown next to each other.

Both appear to be Apaches to me, you get a better perspective in the other pic of the full tray

What is the model and specs on the larger knife with the od/wood/od sandwich handle?

Yep, looks like a Ranger with a tweaked handled to me. I bet that rounded rear end offers a little more comfort in certain holds.

The two wood EDUs are amazing too. That is a sweet model that you will appreciate the blade design after cutting with it a while.

damnit.... of coarse 3 things I have been holding out for come up in the same week....this is going to be bad for me, I'm going to have to sell some things....

damnit.... of coarse 3 things I have been holding out for come up in the same week....this is going to be bad for me, I'm going to have to sell some things....
Ha! Was having similar thoughts about having to sell some things. But then I discovered a new side of me - one I didn’t know I had: seems I’m a hoarder :eek:

ETA: “things” being knives. I’ve already cut my other belongings down to a minimum. Moving is a wonderful “cleansing” opportunity. Highly recommended.

Im going to need to post pone the sales thread for 24hrs.
The yoyo weather here has me moving a little slow. I apologize for the delay.

New date and time Friday the 23rd at 11pm EST

Here is what I have been working on. All of these are 1/16" CPM154 and under. No Tapers in this batch guy's sorry to dissapoint. I cut off doing tapers at 3/32" in steel under this thickness I do not think it makes a difference in balace and feel except for extreme cases. I.E. a long tall thin Chefs knife in 1/16" my benifit from both a distal taper in the blade and tang.

Any how! Super thin Stuff this batch! The (K2) Raptor and the EDU are the first in 1/16", I have a matching set of the Bolad #1 and Bolad #2 (I think I have the name right varga49 varga49 ) as well as a Nomad to go with the Bolads in Cocobolo.

Last edited:
Im going to need to post pone the sales thread for 24hrs.
The yoyo weather here has me moving a little slow. I apologize for the delay.

New date and time Friday the 23rd at 11pm EST

Here is what I have been working on. All of these are 1/16" CPM154 and under. No Tapers in this batch guy's sorry to dissapoint. I cut off doing tapers at 3/32" in steel under this thickness I do not think it makes a difference in balace and feel except for extreme cases. I.E. a long tall thin Chefs knife in 1/16" my benifit from both a distal taper in the blade and tang.

Any how! Super thin Stuff this batch! The (K2) Raptor and the EDU are the first in 1/16", I have a matching set of the Bolad #1 and Bolad #2 (I think I have the name right

varga49 varga49 )

Chris, First thank You for allowing to put a name "Bolad" on the formerly unnamed blades. BTW I use mine quite a bit during the week. It's still razor/scary sharp. Easy cuts though smaller vegetables IE squash small onions, scallions, and shallots. Love it and that set in Cocobolo...Whew! They all look extraordinary! no tapers needed as far as I'm concerned!
For anyone who is interested here's the link to the name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolad

Last edited:
Back