Nice Clearance Bin Find!

Was digging in some clearance sporting goods tonight and found a Duck's Unlimited Schrade SP3 lightweight lockback still in the package, nice little knife!

Last one they had, I did check Ebay last night and found 3-4 on there.

Right now I can't decide whether to cut open the package and use the knife or leave it alone. Not sure how "collectible" it will become?

Would you folks use it or save it?

parnass

Basic Member
I was suprised to find a few USA-made Schrades at my local Farm & Fleet store this week.

Looks like you can still purchase an SP3 w/sheath through Amazon.com for US $12.80, though not the Ducks Unlimited version.

The Last Confederate said:
Right now I can't decide whether to cut open the package and use the knife or leave it alone. Not sure how "collectible" it will become?

Would you folks use it or save it?

Man, I ask myself the very same question when I look through my meager knife collection. It is a dilemma faced by anyone who has more than one knife. :)

I'd use it if you need to use it or if using it would give you pleasure. I have knives which I won't use because they are too pretty and might be worth something someday.

That reminds me of my old aunt's parlor furniture which nobody dared sit on because it was the "good" stuff. My aunt died an old lady without the pleasure of using that good, but overly pampered furniture.

I "normally" buy and use knives with virtually no thought as to collector value, just because I like them. And I have noticed with other brands that it seems like these small synthetic handled knives by any company are the last to be "collectable", bone and stag are what always seems to be first.