Nice Oldie

Schrade Walden. Possible original packaging, a generic red box with a soft leather purse. Bottom of box is white. Peachseed black composite I believe, do not think it is bone. Early Schrade Walden NY stamp on both blades, no rear stamp. Crocus polished on front of clip. Serpentine jack, 2 7/8", like a 272. Slick cut out for the pen on inside top of cover and liner. Half-stops on both blades. Wicked sharp.

SchradeWaldenPeachseedPeanutfront.jpg

SchradeWaldenPeachseedPeanutLoner.jpg

SchradeWaldenPeachseedPeanutback.jpg

A picture of the same box, with the early Schrade Walden sticker. Copied from the LRV kingdom.

reds.jpg

2725.jpg

Clip from 1947 Schrade Walden Catalog

Last edited:
Thawk, that one's in fantastic shape! Looks like it's fresh out of the factory. Love those long pulls and swedges:thumbup:

Eric

Does "long pull" just mean a longish nail nick? Oh.. and, um.. that is a lovely knife and great photography. I just submitted my first image with a little trouble (see 1908 Sears page), but it did not appear in remotely the same format as this new photo. Any help with submitting is welcome. email me anytime at calvinpruett@bresnan.net. Thanks.

Very nice oldie indeed! we need more swedges like that on todays knife blades.

Russell

Very nice knife there, Thawk! Not sure where you guys find these beauties, but wish I could! Maybe I'm just not searching right, but I never seem to see the really nice stuff.

Back