Nicholson sucks now

I bought a bunch of new Nicholson files to replace my aging set which has faithfully served me for the last 5 years. I had "acquired" the files after "borrowing" a bag of them when the scrappy I worked for went into liquidation so I got several of each type, enough to last me until now. However the new files I purchased are showing signs of wear and tear after a mere two days of use, the double cut bastard is already marred with shiny teeth, particularly, and most annoyingly, at the corners. This trend seems to be a theme among the other files I got as well, they are all just way too soft. Has anyone else had this problem with Nicholson recently or did I just get extremely unlucky?

I had the same trouble. Spent big bucks for some "good" Nicholson files and there complete crap!

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people that buy Nicholsons get the "new old stock" or NOS on ebay and other places like that. I just recently got some vallorbe files and they work better than any other files I've used.

I bought Nicholson files and did not notice that they were made in Brazil but I sure noticed how they did not last long and saw comments on them on this forum. I bought a bunch of these files unfortunately and now use them and throw them away frequently because I work too hard on my blades to fool around with worn files. I will never buy another Nicholson file. I have not tried Simmons or Pferd files but I will as soon I run out of these lousy Nicolson files. Again this is just my opinion. I will always pay more for American quality products. Cheap import stuff is actually very expensive and a poor bargain. Larry

Back