Nick Wheeler?

I'm looking for a website and email contact for Nick Wheeler. His fixed blades look mighty tempting ;) THANKS!

His e-mail is listed as merckman99@yahoo.com in his profile. I don't know if it is a current e-mail address or not. I handled some of his knives at the Blade Show and they are top notch all around. He makes great knives and is a super nice guy to boot you can't go wrong with his work.

He checks the forums every once in a while so... ;) His work is top notch, and he's a great guy too boot.

Hey Sid!! Was GOOD to hang with you at Blade West my friend! A little advice bud... If your thinking of getting something from Nick, you better get on it!!! The dude is VERY talented, and makes some of the coolest $hit I have ever seen.... Nick kicks ass!!!:cool:

I'm pretty sure that email is still good.

Currently, I have 3 Nick Wheeler knives, and a few more on order. I sure hope to own a bunch more though. :)

Here's one of my favorites. It's getting to where I can't bring this one anywhere, as all my friends try to buy/trade me out of it!

Danbo,

That little hunter is SWEET!

The Email listed above for Nick is correct. His website does not exist as yet. Come on Nick get with it! Fair warning, Nick's lead time is well over six months and climbing as we speak.

wheeler1.jpg

:eek:

Nooooooo......., not that knife again. Seriously Wulf, that is absolutely one of my all time favorite knives. It just has that certain "look".

I also own a few knives from Nick (and at least a couple more on order) and they are some of my favorite blades. Construction, comfort and cutting performance are all excellent. I have only experienced his blades in O-1 and W-1 and both have been exceptional (especially the mean hamon on the W-1 :eek: ). What is probably the most amazing thing to me though, is the fact that he has a superb eye for design and I would not hesitate for a minute on giving him free reign on a project just to see what he could come up with.

Heck of nice guy to boot!

:cool:

Hey folks, thank you very much for the kind words.

I sure do appreciate all of it.

I also wanted to address the issue of some of the orders from this last year. I took a lot of orders, and really bit off more than I could chew. I had a talk with Peter on the phone the other day about this.

I focused on the end product, and a level of quality that I want to build my name on. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to equate that with delivery dates. This has put me in a spot of some knives going out right on time, and some being way overdue. THAT, is not something I want to build my name on.

I'm working on getting faster, and have taken Peter's advice of adding in wiggle room on delivery dates.

I have tried to email everybody that has been affected by this. Most have written back, a couple have not...so hopefully I can keep a good name here.

It came down to wishful thinking on dates, and obsessive compulsive disorder on quality.

Things are bustling along swift now, and I sure do appreciate those of you who have been along with me as I go. And I'm sorry to those of you I've dissapointed.

Thank you very much,
Nick

Originally posted by NickWheeler
I focused on the end product, and a level of quality that I want to build my name on.

Makes the wait worthwhile, buddy. Keep doing it that way, and I'll keep ordering them :)

Nick, you just keep on with that Obsessive Compulsive Quality Disorder, and I'm sure none of us will be disappointed. :)

Nick, get your homepage running, please!
Everytime I see one of your fine knives it is just the one I would like to order... you can bet that will be a bunch:D

When your HP is online and some good pics to drool over you can bet on an order from Switzerland!

I got to meet Nick this year at Blade and can't decide if I think more highly of him or his work. I would have no problem waiting for his work and as a matter of fact I am when ever he is ready (It is one of those orders that will be a couple of years.) ;)

Gus

Gus, I met Nick for the first time at Blade too; I was very impressed with his work, but even more of "him". I can only imagine what the next few years holds in store for him. HE WILL GO FAR.

Back