nieto knives

can anyone give any info re: nieto knives.i.e. quality, prices and history thanks

------------------
the nuklhed

Nieto Knives is Italy company. They use steel 440A, low price. Quality relatively good.
Pavel

Hi kactlc:

I am a forum member fron Spain ( Europe ),... and Nieto is a Spanish`s brand. ( sorry Slon, not Italian ). They use in all of their knives 440c stell ( not 440a ). and they work all they knives well. They are very good if you know how you pay for it. ( of course you can compare it with top american´s brands,... but another decent american´s brand can´t be compare with the tops...and it continue been good ). For me is the better spanish´s brand. ( I prefer it to another spanish brand´s like Aitor o Muela ).

In the net you can see a good selection of their knives in the german´s page of tool-shop: http://www.tool-shop.com/knives/nieto/index.html

The address of the brand is:
M. NIETO S.L.
Poligono Campollano
Avda. 1 PARCELA 44-45. ALBACETE
SPAIN

At last, I think when you buy a european folder is better a lockback folder over another lock systems.

PEDRO

I have one Nieto in my collection,a fairly short (4 1/2"blade)skinner.It is one of the prettiest fixed blades I have, with a brass hilt and polished wood grip (may be a laminate).It is of 440c steel and is quite sharp-not quite shaving-out of the box.It came with a very nice leather sheath.I have not used it, and probably won't, but it was well worth the price,which was nominal as best I recall.I think I got it on a closeout from SMKW.I don't hesitate to recommend one, if the price is right.

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

Sorry, Nieto is from Spain. But steel IS 440A, not 440C. I never saw knife from European company with 440C blade. 440B maybe ....

I honestly don't know the composition of the steel of Nieto knives, but the few I've seen have been quite hard. Perfectly good using knives. They are distributed in the U.S. by United Cutlery.

It's not true that European knife companies don't use 440C. Boker, the German manufacturer, uses 440C exclusively.

------------------
Fred
Knife Outlet
www.knifeoutlet.com

there are a problem with my english...I am learning it.
Of course I don´t say that there aren´t a Nieto´s knive with 440a . They forged a lot of different knives in his history,... and of course it had differen´t types of steels, like Boker. I only try to imform you that all their new models are made in 440c steel.

Pedro

slon, my Nieto is marked "440c".Sorry to contradict.

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

Back