1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NKD Spyderco Police C07P

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Winch, Dec 8, 2018 at 6:19 PM.

1. Winch

Winch Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 29, 2018
    https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/C07/Police-Model-Stainless-Steel/2

I really like Endura's, and lock backs like the Buck 110, in general. I also like VG-10 and Japanese knife quality. I don't care for serrated blades (unless it's special use like for cutting lines on a boat). I like big folders too. Generally I prefer FRN or G-10 or nylon scales, but in this case I made an exception. I'd been going back on forth on the Military vs. the Police, but both are expensive. I found a really good price on the SS Police with a plain edge and the swedge, so I pulled the trigger and it just arrived.

Initial impressions:
    1. No blade play in any direction.
    2. Perfect centering.
    3. A little hard to open one handed but I've oiled it and it seems to be loosening up already.
    4. Hefty but not outrageously so.
    5. Razor sharp out of the box (good 'cuz I can't sharpen a knife LOL!!).
    6. Really nice fit and finish all around.

I like the Police model but down the road, I do believe I will get a 110SV Military and then my life will be complete.

Merry Christmas!!

DocJD and cbrstar like this.
  2. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    My first "tactical" folder was the first generation Spyderco Police . Loved that knife , except for the smooth and slippery stainless handles . It was easy to add some texture using a cheap electric engraving tool . EDC'd for years . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Lead Guitar Platinum Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Same.

DocJD likes this.