Photos NMFBM Sheath

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted anything here. I finally got around to getting some pics of this amazing sheath by elof_alv.

The inlays are cane toad skin. I did a rough sketch of an idea I had for the sheath and elof delivered! Awesome work mate!!!

qFn78TE.jpg

Amnfgvc.jpg

Good to see you Rob, I hope all is going well for you :thumbsup:

That's a beautiful rig! Do you happen to know what he used under the frog skin to pillow it?

That's a beautiful rig! Do you happen to know what he used under the frog skin to pillow it?

Not sure mate. I'm assuming it's leather. But I'm sure he'll be along here soon to perhaps answer that question for you.

Rob, you make me blush :oops:

I just used the pieces that were cut out of the 'frame', trim some around the perimeter and then skive/sand to get a 'raise' that'll bring the inlay just under the level of the 'frame'.
I wasn't 100% happy about my very first inlay attempt which was flat, so tried the 'raiser' idea on the second and stuck with it ever since.

That is some impressive work. What a an amazing pair. I always though the NMFBM was one of the finest variations of the Battle Mistress.

Rob, you make me blush :oops:

I just used the pieces that were cut out of the 'frame', trim some around the perimeter and then skive/sand to get a 'raise' that'll bring the inlay just under the level of the 'frame'.
I wasn't 100% happy about my very first inlay attempt which was flat, so tried the 'raiser' idea on the second and stuck with it ever since.

Cool, that's what I've always done but being self taught I was curious how someone else would do it. Thanks and great work!

Wow !! Very very nice ! Excellent work :)

Magnificent pants for my favourite Busse. Enjoy!!;)

Very very nice my friend.

Very nice sheath!!! :cool:

Rob, that Mistress is entirely too pretty! Go beat on her!!! ;)

Back