No crusher pommel on BK3?

So I was browsing the website for my local knife shop looking for a new Becker, when I happened to notice, all of the full size Beckers have the exposed pommel, except the BK3. Given the intended application, of all the Becker lineup, it seems the BK3 would be the most suited to having a crusher pommel. Is there a particular reason it was left off this model?

So I was browsing the website for my local knife shop looking for a new Becker, when I happened to notice, all of the full size Beckers have the exposed pommel, except the BK3. Given the intended application, of all the Becker lineup, it seems the BK3 would be the most suited to having a crusher pommel. Is there a particular reason it was left off this model?

It may have been pointed out before, but I've never noticed. Good observation, have you checked the Becker blade database in the stickies? It may be explained in there. If not, I'm sure someone will stop in that can field that one.

The newer BK-3s have the pommel. I don't know exactly when it was added but it is there now. Mine has one.

Ka-bar must have agreed with you.

Jeremy

The newer BK-3s have the pommel. I don't know exactly when it was added but it is there now. Mine has one.

Ka-bar must have agreed with you.

Jeremy

The current models have the glass breaker/skull crusher, but you could argue the whole knife/tool fits that bill even before it was added.

-OKB

Has there been any discussion of possibly having one without the notch in the blade?

The current models have the glass breaker/skull crusher, but you could argue the whole knife/tool fits that bill even before it was added.

-OKB

I'll have to check mine that I got in December when I get home. But I was also thinking it really isn't necessary other than to look like the other big Beckers. You'd get a lot more force hitting glass by swinging the blunt back of the tip into glass (or whatever) than you would from a pommel strike.

Checked last night, and it does have the crusher pommel. But, again, after hefting it, I really don't think it's necessary since the blade is pretty much a wrecking bar.

Good to know, thanks guys, stock photos on most websites still show it without. May not be necessary, but for no particular reason I like the pommel.

Back