No Knife, no refund

Folks, they are behind. They know it, we know it. *Shrug* "Bit off more than they could chew" is the phrase that continues to crop up and it is spot-on. But they do make an excellent product and a number of us are willing to wait for them to produce what they promise.
Does it suck that they opened their books to so many people? Yup, it sucks.
Does it suck that they makes deadlines and then miss them over and over again? Yup, that sucks to.
Does it suck that they don't get to refund requests all that quickly either? Yup, that too.
And every S!K "fanboy" hopes for that to end and hopes for people to go in with eyes WIDE open regarding the wait times.

One problem the company has it that folk KNOW about them and really really want their knives. *shrug* Those who dislike S!K for their business practice perhaps also begrudge them that, but they have produced thousands and thousands of knives at this point, and that is only the newer models. The 5.1, then the 4.7 (where the company got bogged down apparently with issues at the manufacturing contractors and Guy's insistence on sharpening every knife himself), then the 2.7s and now the 4.1s and 7/7s. They are not making only the few of these that we read about here on BF, they have been shipping out 4.1s by the dozens for months now but I have only encountered a tiny few photos around the internet or mentions of someone owning one. That makes it appear to some as if they are not actually making and selling knives, but they ARE oing that, folks...

Though fires at another property you purchased don't make things easier :( I hope S!K can pull it together and get these 4.1s and 7/7s out the door so that they can start passing off some of the burden onto Millet Knives for the SK-project. The sooner the better! :thumbsup:

A video of the fire mentioned above:

Quite unfortunate. Luckily nobody was injured.

That news story is from August 29th , so I really hope that was the entire extent of their bad news for the week.

warning for insults
I can understand your sentiments.
Is there a thread where the fellas from Survive address this here on BF? A link to that would tie in with the beginning post.

Um how about the survive sub forums? There you can read all their excuses. I mean with all your research on other topics here that you claim you do I wouldn't think BF search engine would stump you.

Actually the basic search is pretty difficult to get useful results.
The advanced search does a much better job, but you have to use details that I have no way of knowing like User names, dates, ect. I am having much better luck using plain google search, with BF included in that search title.
https://www.google.com/search?clien...1.1.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.m9hcTti5xSk

There's what... 9 years of information here. It might take me a day or two to find everything.

Thanks for the heads up on the sub-forums tho.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yeah typing survive, survive! Knives, survive knives or any combination is ruff. It's amazing how many of us just get around using basic search or the advanced search. I'm sure survive hasn't been here 9 years so your search should be more 4 to 5. And np on the hint to the survive! Sub forums

Unless already mentioned, would be nice to get some sort of updates on this new SK line we've been placing pre-orders for, I was tempted to put the full amount down to receive the extra 5% off but opted for the $25 down payment option as believing the time frame would be the same between the two but not having to fund it totally up front (though we are out of that exact amount if we decide to opt out). Tried looking into the company(s) they are partnering up with but didn't get much info there as well. Regretfully does seem the SK line is becoming another Starter program per say.

Yeah typing survive, survive! Knives, survive knives or any combination is ruff. It's amazing how many of us just get around using basic search or the advanced search. I'm sure survive hasn't been here 9 years so your search should be more 4 to 5. And np on the hint to the survive! Sub forums

Thank you Keith. I appreciate the help.
Was there just a "hint" of sarcasm in there? :D:D:D LOL

Unless already mentioned, would be nice to get some sort of updates on this new SK line we've been placing pre-orders for, I was tempted to put the full amount down to receive the extra 5% off but opted for the $25 down payment option as believing the time frame would be the same between the two but not having to fund it totally up front (though we are out of that exact amount if we decide to opt out). Tried looking into the company(s) they are partnering up with but didn't get much info there as well. Regretfully does seem the SK line is becoming another Starter program per say.

Maybe with the forums help they could use a strong dose of help from "Go Fund Me".
The Small Business Admin. is also a great resource.

The quality they produce seems to be universally accepted. It's the company structure that appears to be the issue.

I'd like to break into customs of good quality, and good prices. That is my reason for looking into Survive.

Thank you Keith. I appreciate the help.
Was there just a "hint" of sarcasm in there? :D:D:D LOL

Maybe with the forums help they could use a strong dose of help from "Go Fund Me".
The Small Business Admin. is also a great resource.

The quality they produce seems to be universally accepted. It's the company structure that appears to be the issue.

I'd like to break into customs of good quality, and good prices. That is my reason for looking into Survive.
They aren't customs in any sense of the word. Very high quality production knives, by all accounts, but unquestionably production knives. If you want a custom go to the exchange and look at some of the offerings from the many talented makers here.

From the little research I've done, Millit looks to be a recognized high quality manufacturer (mostly "behind the scenes" for other brands). Maybe check them out on IG.
Can't say anything about Precision Plus.
But Guy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to hand this off to just anyone.

Does a production knife have some of the manufacturing steps outsourced, and a custom has all the manufacturing done in house?
Where does using a heat treat contractor fit in? How about water jet cutting blanks?
I have to admit that I'm getting a little fuzzy on where the line is.
But, yeah, I agree, Survive is a production knife company and the GSO line is hand finished.

I've had it with Survive LLC. My order of a GSO6 was never going to arrive so I have them change it to a "Guaranteed 90 day" GSO 7/7, which was not dispatched within 120 day. I asked for a refund which Jordyn said would be done. Three weeks later I have no refund and no reply to a subsequent email. I have complained to the Better Business Bureau and after that I will be laying a complaint of wire fraud.
I was told my knife would ship in 90 days. It's now been almost 200 days. Ive asked for a refund multiple times with no success.

Do you know how I can get my money back from these ppl. $200 is a big loss for me. I did pay with PayPal so I don't think I can dispute the charges correct?

Any info would be appreciated

^ AFAIK, PayPal has a 180 days maximum dispute / claim escalation policy. It also depends if you had originally paid using a credit card through PayPal or a debit / bank card. You may want to contact PayPal at your earliest. Sign onto PayPal and then try to find "Help" to click onto.

Folks, they are behind. They know it, we know it. *Shrug* "Bit off more than they could chew" is the phrase that continues to crop up and it is spot-on. But they do make an excellent product and a number of us are willing to wait for them to produce what they promise.
Does it suck that they opened their books to so many people? Yup, it sucks.
Does it suck that they makes deadlines and then miss them over and over again? Yup, that sucks to.
Does it suck that they don't get to refund requests all that quickly either? Yup, that too.
And every S!K "fanboy" hopes for that to end and hopes for people to go in with eyes WIDE open regarding the wait times.

One problem the company has it that folk KNOW about them and really really want their knives. *shrug* Those who dislike S!K for their business practice perhaps also begrudge them that, but they have produced thousands and thousands of knives at this point, and that is only the newer models. The 5.1, then the 4.7 (where the company got bogged down apparently with issues at the manufacturing contractors and Guy's insistence on sharpening every knife himself), then the 2.7s and now the 4.1s and 7/7s. They are not making only the few of these that we read about here on BF, they have been shipping out 4.1s by the dozens for months now but I have only encountered a tiny few photos around the internet or mentions of someone owning one. That makes it appear to some as if they are not actually making and selling knives, but they ARE oing that, folks...

Though fires at another property you purchased don't make things easier :( I hope S!K can pull it together and get these 4.1s and 7/7s out the door so that they can start passing off some of the burden onto Millet Knives for the SK-project. The sooner the better! :thumbsup:

A video of the fire mentioned above:

You do know that the first step of recovery is denial? You're getting there. Hopefully it doesn't take half of your life to see the light.

I was told my knife would ship in 90 days. It's now been almost 200 days. Ive asked for a refund multiple times with no success.

Do you know how I can get my money back from these ppl. $200 is a big loss for me. I did pay with PayPal so I don't think I can dispute the charges correct?

Any info would be appreciated

Whether its past 180 days rule with PayPal if enough people call and raise hell about survive knives they will lose their account with them and will not be able to utilize PayPal as a source of payment with their customers. At least without issuing the refund they will know that survive knives is not a company that is trustworthy.

Whether its past 180 days rule with PayPal if enough people call and raise hell about survive knives they will lose their account with them and will not be able to utilize PayPal as a source of payment with their customers. At least without issuing the refund they will know that survive knives is not a company that is trustworthy.

I've read some of your comments from the other post currently at the top of this forum and have two questions. Have you ever placed an order with survive? Did you set up this account with the sole intent of sharing this completely unsubstantiated narrative with the forum?

I've read some of your comments from the other post currently at the top of this forum and have two questions. Have you ever placed an order with survive? Did you set up this account with the sole intent of sharing this completely unsubstantiated narrative with the forum?

What do you think Buddy? You think somebody would waste their time to smear the name of a small company for no reason? You have thousands of very disgruntled customers of this company... you're dealing with Crooks. An actual convicted felon that has stolen from people and is currently being investigated for serious felonies. He's also being indicted for fraud and theft by conversion. He's also being investigated for this fire. You better listen and listen well. If you are a customer that's waiting for product to ship, you had better demand a refund, dispute any and all transactions with this company and file complaints with the Better Business Bureau.

Back