Off Topic no new toys

u812

Gold Member
For me anyway,not for a while.
Leaving for a little vacation tomorrow and my heat and air crapped out yesterday. Air guy just left,no fixing it. New unit coming Monday with a 5800.00 price tag. Carry permit and DL expiring, BF membership renewal coming up. Hope that is it for a while.

You know what they say: "When it rains, it pours". I hope this is a passing shower for you.

Sounds like the story of my life.
If it ain't one thing, it's another.
Never fails, as soon as I save for something, something breaks. Karma Gods are in control. I just roll with the punches and keep getting out of bed.

Keep on Keeping on I guess. At least this unit should carry us well into retirement.

I hear you , I just went through similar. Furnace , water heater etc
Property 1/2 tax just sent in ugh don't ask
And my truck property tax $400
Just keep plugging at it

You have the luxury type taxes on cars? Ours is cheap compared to other cities and states. 29.00 per year. Have a friend in Charleston SC that has a Toyota 4x4 that he keeps registered at his parents address in Knoxville as Charleston considers it a secondary recreational vehicle and charges over 400 a year.

We pay property tax on it if the wheels touch the road. Mines an 05 Chevy duramax reg property tax $400 a year.
Don't get me going on house etc land taxes here ugh

Lol, it's not making anyone happy here either. Taxes are crazy here

Our current town mill rate is 32 now count state income tax gas tax etc etc etc

Last edited:
Sounds like where I grew up in Virginia and their personal property taxes on everything. We always touted we were a Commonwealth, not a state but no one ever mentions getting taxed into oblivion like we were California. It was the same there, if the wheels touched the ground they taxed you on their valuation not yours. Oh, and don't forget the inspections every 6 months, I don't know about now but I'm sure they didn't cut off that revenue stream. Of course when we were young and broke we always knew who had the best price on inspection stickers after closing hours.

A/C companies should be doing great business. I think next year or the year after the refrigerant used in the older units gets the ban hammer so no recharging the old system. Gotta get a whole new unit I've been told. HVAC guys correct me if I am wrong.

The thing that gets me is that the units run 2000 to 2500. No duct work or anything on mine.So that means they are getting 2000 plus for a 3 hour install.

My HVAC is nearing the end as well... I got the same woes on the horizon. Hang in there man, there'll be toys again!

Back