No Rust, you have got to be kidding....

That's right.

Every other knife I have owned has rusted on me, but not my Sebenza.

Why, what is it about the Sebenza?

Steel?

Finish?

Heat treat?

Who knows?

------------------
Marion David Poff aka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com If I fail to check back with this thread and you want some info, email me.

My site is at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/1770 Including my review of the Kasper AFCK, thougths on the AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

"We will either find a way, or make one." Hannibal, 210 B.C.

According to Chris´s own website BG-42 has 14,50% chrome, so this makes it rust-resistant, more so that ATS-34 wich has about 11,5% Cr.

I think that any steel with over 12,00% chrome is classyfied as rust-resistant, correct me if i am wrong.

------------------
Claus Christensen

When you have playboy channel, why get married

David, it's really just Magic.
I'd just accept it and go on. :)

--Mike L.

------------------
Real men ride Moto Guzzis!

ATS-34 has 12% chromium, BG-42 has a little more at 14.5%. I believe it has more to do with the added vanadium, something about the vanadium forming carbides and the chromium forming less, and so that leaves more chromium to resist rust.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

A correction towards my post above, ATS-34 has 14% Chromium not 12%, vs BG-42's 14.5%.

Back