1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No Scrapyard knives?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by 97knives, Oct 5, 2018.

1. 97knives

97knives

Jun 24, 2009
    ive checked their website for a few months and haven’t seen them put anything up, what’s going on with them?

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Everything discontinued, other than a couple of bare models. Custom shop is closed due to workload, so only micarta handle options. Been this way for about two years.
    The lines separating the kin have blurred - all efforts now directed to the models offered through what was once known as O2W.

3. 97knives

97knives

Jun 24, 2009
    Mi

Micarta handled models as in swamp rats? What’s O2W? I’m far from up to speed on these but I have a few scrap yards and wanted to add more

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    OP2W is Busse's sales model at the moment. Blades from all three brands have been included (the last Scrapper was the Dog Soldier and Dog Soldier 8 late last year).

tuica likes this.
  5. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    My apologies. This is the SwampRat forum, so I didn't play enough attention to the title (my answer was referencing the situation at SRKW). There hasn't been anything in the yard for a while, other than a few O2W offerings that were listed while available.

I'll leave a message on your profile.

6. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    In addition to the Dog Soldier models, they did briefly reissue the 1111 and had it available on the site a while back, I guess whatever they alloted got snapped up pretty quick. Best bet for now is probably to stalk the exchange here. SYKCO blades regularly come up at good prices.

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/busse-swamprat-scrapyard-knives-for-sale.804/

tuica likes this.