Noah's knife

Just watched the new NOAH movie with Russell Crowe.

Really dug the primitive and simplistic, yet somewhat modern stylization elements to the world they created.

Noah carries a kick ass knife. In the baby scene, there is a pretty sweet close up. Its about a foot long, dagger shaped, but looks like a single edge. One this side, there is about 3 inches of awesome looking, uneven serrations just above the hilt, which is dull silver. It has what looks like a black leather handle with grip contours. The pommel is also silver The whole thing is extremely well finished, but with just the right hint of imperfection from being crafted in a very simple, but very thoughtful manner of the time. Like everything else in the movie it had its own unique flavor that really fit the world they created.

Anybody know anything about the blade? Its probly just a prop, but if there is a chance a knifemaker made it for them, i want to learn more! Thx.

PS. the movie was super cool, but turned into an incoherent mess about halfway through.

Just watched the new NOAH movie with Russell Crowe.

Really dug the primitive and simplistic, yet somewhat modern stylization elements to the world they created.

Noah carries a kick ass knife. In the baby scene, there is a pretty sweet close up. Its about a foot long, dagger shaped, but looks like a single edge. One this side, there is about 3 inches of awesome looking, uneven serrations just above the hilt, which is dull silver. It has what looks like a black leather handle with grip contours. The pommel is also silver The whole thing is extremely well finished, but with just the right hint of imperfection from being crafted in a very simple, but very thoughtful manner of the time. Like everything else in the movie it had its own unique flavor that really fit the world they created.

Anybody know anything about the blade? Its probly just a prop, but if there is a chance a knifemaker made it for them, i want to learn more! Thx.

PS. the movie was super cool, but turned into an incoherent mess about halfway through.

Yeah I remember the knife, and thinking it was pretty cool looking. I have no idea however, if it was just a prop or an actual custom knife.

Back