1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

NOOOO!!!!!! Lost a knife !

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by stevekolt, Nov 28, 2015.

1. DRK

DRK

Oct 10, 2012
    Don't give up hope. I lost a small Sebenza then found it 3 weeks later. I had picked up a tool bag and put it into my car and the knife had cleaning made the transfer from my pocket to the side pocket of the bag. My daughter was getting into my truck one day and she saw the bag and said "oh when did you find your knife?" I couldn't believe it, I really had thought I would never see it again.

2. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    Hey everyone. I am in West Virginia right now visiting and out on a walk, I found a combo edge , foliage green Delica. My lucky day!
    What was this post about again, I didn't read it yet .....:)

3. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks for the sympathy and suggestions folks. Powernoodle, no luck on the knife, but I did find two quarters, that will be applied to the replacements purchase price. I'm going to wait a couple days before replacing it, in the hopes that it will somehow show up.

4. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Wunderbar... :eek: :)

5. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Sucks anytime you lose something you like... Especially the whole "not knowing where" aspect.... I remember losing my BM grip, I lost balance while cutting some rope on a docked boat, and as it slipped out of my hand I watched it go "into the drink" at a particular spot on the Shrewsbury river which is roughly 20' deep and one of the fastest moving currents along the Jersey shore due to a bottle neck effect.

I knew exactly where my knife was

I also knew I wasn't getting it back.

At least there was closure.

6. Punisher252

Punisher252

May 12, 2014
    Hope it turns up...

7. onojoe

onojoe

Aug 4, 2013
    I too have lost a Delica.

I once saw a friend of mine pick up and move a bike. When he picked it up the wheel was against his pocket, and the spoke went right underneath the pocket clip and lifted it right out of his pocket. He did not even feel it. I Have lifted up duffle bags and the edge caught on the pocket clip and lifted it out. These are just some suggestions, that might spur a different direction to look. Good luck.

8. footballplayerchris

footballplayerchris

Jan 1, 2011
    I wonder if a knife maker could put a magnet in the scale underneath the clip and put one in the clip. That would add to the retention of knives. Something for a custom maker to try or something.

9. grybsh7

grybsh7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2007
    That's a bad piece of luck Steve. No worse feeling.
    Hope it turns up.

10. aquaman67

aquaman67

Jan 27, 2012
    There are several combo edge Delicas in the exchange at very good prices right now

11. slims_88

slims_88

Sep 11, 2015
    I lost my SOG Flash 2 about 3 years ago. It was the original design, before they re did it and screwed it up. I'd had that knife for years. Worst thing that ever happened, because it was about my only knife I owned at that time. The only one I ever carried for sure. I've been on an endless search for a replacement ever since, and now have more knives than I can carry on my person at one time.

I like having variety now, and adding new tools to my collection.

12. Spyder59

Spyder59

Dec 26, 2014
    LOL! I have found so many things in this spot over the years (the French fry too), that this is one of the first places I look for lost items.

13. exmaxima

exmaxima

Jan 30, 2006
    Similar story---I was on a canoe trip on a fast river and pulled over to the side for a meal. As I got back into the canoe and shoved off I saw I left my pocket knife on the rocks but could not manage to row back to it. That was 40 years ago, and I still have that image in my head...

14. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    My Delica keeps trying to loose it's self.

For some reason it likes to hook, and leap out of my pocket.

I already broke clip off too. Something about that particular clip, it hates me.

15. highestpoint

highestpoint Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sorry to hear that. At work whenever someone looses something we usually make them check their pockets again and what would you know.

I lost a benchmade 710 for about two weeks after visiting family & I could've swore I left it at their house but it was under the back seat of the car. I felt like a kid at Christmas when I found it.

Best of luck!

16. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Good regular carry knife. Get another. But this one may still turn up. I misplace knives all the time. My pickup is the prime location to look as I tend to take out the knife to use while driving and place it on the seat especially on longer trips. Make a quick turn and knife is on the floor.... add some time and junk and it turns up when you clean the vehicle out.

17. Murphenstein44

Murphenstein44

Mar 15, 2014
    This has lost me two Streamlights. No knives yet though, knock on wood.

18. charleslee

charleslee

Nov 1, 2009
    Hope you find it. I use a pouch, never even tried carrying w/ a clip, knew I'd probably lose the knife.

19. Hawk45

Hawk45 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Sucks brother, sorry to hear. I lost a Military a few years back. Still makes me sick thinking about it.

20. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Only knife I've ever lost was a victornox reached to to a friend who laid it down on the bumper and we drove off. Lost a leek 3 times kept finding it, lost it up on the mountain went back with a leaf blower and found it!! Good luck on finding yours....