NorthWoods Indian River Jack???

These are found at a well known source that offers free shipping.

I was wondering if anybody has one and could post a picture or make a comment or two about it?

I am very interested in these. Not at the "crazy, push the button any time" level now but I am certainly monitoring the stock with intent to buy before they are all gone.

I have been looking for years for a simple well made knife as straight forward as those are. They only catch is that I prefer bone.

Why not just ask the question about the knife without the plug? (Hmmm, let me try to guess which vendor he's referring to...:rolleyes:)

Really, it's not germane to the discussion of the knife and there's no real need to try to be slick about it.

Thanks for your cooperation. I'm sure you'll get some useful insights shortly.

Ok. Thanks. I wasn't really plugging or trying to hide the source. Just unclear of if I could say the name directly or post a link.

I have some reading to do, both in the rules and the provided reviews.
Jon

Ok. Thanks. I wasn't really plugging or trying to hide the source. Just unclear of if I could say the name directly or post a link.

I have some reading to do, both in the rules and the provided reviews.
Jon

We're cool, Jon. :cool:

If you're just asking a question and looking for an answer about a particular knife that's available at various dealers then (really) it's irrelevant who carries it online. That doesn't help get a better answer.

On the other hand, if you want to give a shout out to a dealer who has provided exceptional service, "Feedback" is the best place for that. :thumbup:

Ok. Now I am a bit confused on a different tangent ( I get the part about the vendor having nothing to do with discussing the actual knife quality and should consequently always be omitted from our conversations except in PMs).

but....

I had previously thought my obvious source was now the owner of Northwoods but a Google search turns up other sources.

How can this be? Are discussions about ownership of trade names ok?

I believe one of the links was one I had started & after having it for a few weeks now...I love it.

It carries very well, is thin, very well made, but robust enough (If that makes sense). The Scagel slot is neat, the Spear point blade is in 1095 & works great. I can't really flaw the knife. It's thin & the ebony wood looks great. From what I understand, it's made by GEC, but honestly, you wouldn't know it as it's not as "robust" as seems typical of their knives, although lately, they've come out with some "leaner" patterns.

I do not think you'll be disappointed & they've come down in price, regardless where you get it.

Are discussions about ownership of trade names ok?

I don't see why not.

As you say, however, a search of google seems to indicate fairly wide availability of this particular knife with various vendors.

So, if you like the knife and it meets your criteria, it looks like you have a variety of choices on where to make your purchase, owner of the trademark notwithstanding.

Thanks to all :)

CL01, what kind of edge geometry did yours arrive with? I am one of those convex guys.

Thanks for the thread, I'll be picking up one of these shortly :thumbup:

Back